We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nusa Dua.... Inaya Putri vs Laguna vs Melia

Orewa Beach, NZ
Level Contributor
215 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Nusa Dua.... Inaya Putri vs Laguna vs Melia

Hi all! Wondering if anyone has been to more than one of these hotels and can compare? We have stayed at Inaya before (Nov 2016) and the rooms were beautiful, it felt very new, beach was nice and clean out front of the resort, breakfast was incredible! We are now booking a hotel for our guests wedding accommodation and can't decide whether to go back there or somewhere else. We've trawled all the hotels we can find online in the star and price range we're after and have narrowed it down to Inaya, Laguna and Melia. Just wondering if there's any reasons any of these stick out far more than the others or don't compare at all?

Interested in things like.... the swimming pool, beach, breakfast, nice modern rooms, spa quality/prices and drink prices including happy hours.

It does look as if where the Inaya is the beach is a lot wider there? The others are closer to Bali Collection, but it was fairly easy walk from Inaya too. Thanks everyone!

Mentioned in this post
Bali Collection
Bali Collection
3,631 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
5 replies to this topic
Perth Western...
Level Contributor
270 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nusa Dua.... Inaya Putri vs Laguna vs Melia

Hello there,

I haven't stayed at any of the places you've listed. I was going to book the Inaya Putri but read that they often have tour buses come in for either lunch or breakfast. If they are staying for lunch it seems they sort of take over the place, including the dining area and then the pool etc. (You can search for this info in the travel forum) Having lived in Asia for a very long time there is no way I was going to spend very good money and then have tour buses of loud and socially blind people ruining my holiday. Just my thoughts.

Good luck with your decision.

Mentioned in this post
INAYA Putri Bali Resort
INAYA Putri Bali Resort
1,333 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Orewa Beach, NZ
Level Contributor
215 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nusa Dua.... Inaya Putri vs Laguna vs Melia

Thanks Alan! We stayed at Inaya last November and didn't see any tour groups - maybe they come in the busier/dry season? we were there in November.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nusa Dua.... Inaya Putri vs Laguna vs Melia

Melia is more a traditional style hotel, so the rooms are not "modern" as some hotel rooms are, so not sure if that makes a difference. It has been open for many years now, and although they try to keep up with maintenance, just keep in mind it isn't going to look "new" Grounds are beautiful though and so is the architecture.

Orewa Beach, NZ
Level Contributor
215 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nusa Dua.... Inaya Putri vs Laguna vs Melia

Thanks for that info! Melia is definitely the cheapest of the 3!

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nusa Dua.... Inaya Putri vs Laguna vs Melia

Have sent you a PM. Just read the other comments. Yes,there were very noisy tour groups in March and we found it interesting that the breakfast staff seated us at a group of only about five tables outside over;looking the pools away from the shouting,selfie stick hordes. Inaya rooms are much more modern and have a coffee machine. We had access to a pool shared with four other rooms. At the Melia we had a ground floor room in Block B both times. It is close to the pool and the closest to the beach.We love Melia and it is just across the road from hubby's dentist at BIMC. Excellent guy and one third of the price quoted in Red Beach. What time of the year are you looking at and how long will your guests stay? Check out Scoopon next week. I have heard a rumour that one of the popular Nusa Dua hotels may be offered. It will probably be for 7 or 8 nights though so that might not suit. Remember that Scoopon prices are in $AU. Does it have to be Nusa Dua itself? Grand Mirage Benoa 4km up the road might suit. A myriad of good places to eat just across the road plus good,safe money changers and minimarts. So many watersports activities to watch while lying on the beach

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Reply to: Nusa Dua.... Inaya Putri vs Laguna vs Melia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted