We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

Last year I loved the life of Jimbaran beach but the cleanliness did not invite swimmers. A dead dog and human excrement being two things I saw on the shoreline. Are there any white sand beaches with crystal clear water on the island? Sorry if this sound posh and toffee nosed - which I suppose it is a bit.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

Hi FrankieSmith

Nusa Dua has been created at a 5*Resort area, for dare i say it those with more money than me. As you can imagine the 'guests' who stay here would expect more 'bang for their buck'so yes!the beaches are pretty well manicured just like the lawns and gardens.

I'm heading to the UK soon so i can't wait to see what i find on the beaches there!!

Cheers

Burns

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,151 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

Unfortunately rubbish still remains a major problem in Bali. We have stayed at Nusa Dua and being just south of the harbour, it seems to get its fair share of floating rubbish, ie mostly plastic bags etc. Being an up-market resort area, you will notice that there will be staff from the hotels who will regularly rake the beach area to keep it as clean as possible. We found the beaches over on Nusa Lembongan to be the nearest to white sandy shores and clear water, but I'm sure you will enjoy your time in Nusa Dua.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

You will have no problem at the Conrad. The hotel maintains the beach and there is no rubbish. For the most part, the hotels keep the beach clean.

Just note the Conrad isn't Nusa Dua. Its Benoa, which is along the same stretch of north Nusa Dua beach, just further north. So the hotel is not in the Nusa Dua resort area. It really doesn't matter that much. There is a little extra security in the resort and nice landscaping.

The best beach on Bali is located nearby. Its called Mengiat. I put pics in this TA wiki. Take a look.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294226-c112528/Bali:…

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,663 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

Burns - beaches in the UK are actually quite nice; just remember to bring a big thick coat and an umbrella, especially if you're visiting in the Summer.

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

Thanks to all who responded. It seems to me that with the possible exception of Mengiat which I will look into - you don't go to Bali for the beaches but for the architecture, music, food, people etc. If I just want a good beach I should try somewhere else.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

Hi FrankieSmith

Not just because i live here, but if you want to see some great clean beaches, with beautiful clear water and white sand come to OZ. 'Getaway' a Travel Programme is on TV at the moment and they are showing the best beaches around Oz. Tassie has some beautiful unspoilt beaches,as do our other states.

Cheers

Burns

(while in Bali head across to Lombok and the Gili Islands for some good beaches).

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
528 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

Who needs a beach when your staying at the conrad.. I never really liked the beach there but it could be nicer outside the conrad look it up on youtube

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

I really like the streatch of beach that the Hyatt and Ayodya resorts are on in Nusa Dua.

It always looks cleaner and more inviting than the other beaches in Nusa Dua.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

The beach at Hyatt and Ayodya is called Mengiat.

Many tourists just call it "Nusa Dua" but its not accurate.

Further down, on the same beach at the new St Regis Hotel, is "Geger" beach. Its named after the temple on the rocks. There is a cafe run by the local village and a beer stand. They tolerate topless sunbathing. This is also a very nice beach, basically the same as Mengiat.

10. Re: How clean is Nusa Dua beach particuarly at the Conrad hote

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 07:21