We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food costs in Bali

Sydney
2 posts
Save Topic
Food costs in Bali

Hi, I haven't been for a few years and I'm trying to put a budget together. What can I expect to pay for a) breakfast, b) lunch, c) dinner? What is considered cheap and what is considered expensive these days?

Any advice would be greatly appreciate.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food costs in Bali

Hi,

Cheap can range from A$1.20 for a simple rice meal by the roadside.....Are you the adventurous type?

If not, then cheap would be around A$3, depending on where you eat.

My most expensive place in Bali comes up to around A$90+ per person, excluding drinks, for the tasting menu at dinner at Mozaic.

Of course, "general" expensive would come up to about A$45 per person for a 3 course meal + non alcoholic drinks.

It really depends on whether you would try the warungs of just stick to the cafes/restaurants/hotels....

bali
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food costs in Bali

hello dear

food in bali is not so expensive, you can go to nice small cafe for 3.00 to4.00 dollar, i don't suggest you get from the shop by the street like what local people had.

your immun system is different then what they have, then so please only take the food that is sugested to avoid the sickness during your stay in bali

hope can help

Malaysia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food costs in Bali

Hi there,

Eating well in Bali is pretty reasonable. Based on what i observed during my trip to Bali (Dec 2005), you can go to most nice cafes and restaurants and expect to pay averagely RPH 30,000 - 60,000 for lunch/dinner.

It gets even cheaper if you go to less fancy, smaller places - around RPH 15,000 - 25,000.

Fine dining can cost about RPH300,000 - RPH 500,000 depending on where you go.

As for breakfast, most resorts and guesthouses provide some sort of breakfast which is very convenient so you might want to opt for that unless you're into making your own sandwiches in the morning :)

Bon Apetite!

-Grace_t

Get answers to your questions about Nusa Dua
Recent Conversations