We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

Which Nusa Dua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
6 posts
Save Topic
Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

I'm planning to stay in Novotel Nusa and they don't seem to provide airport shuttle. Price wise, is it better to book thru the hotel, use the Blue Bird taxis or hire a private car? Also, if I switch hotels mid-trip to Seminyak, how much would it cost roughly to taxi from Nusa to Seminyak? Also, Novotel doesnt seem to provide free shuttle to Kuta either. How much is to taxi to Kuta beach from Nusa? Thanks.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

taxi fares are cheap. just outside the international terminal there is a taxi counter to the right with prices on the board. you pay and they give you a ticket and the driver will walk you to the taxi. it is a bit confusing at first ( ie the taxi driver walks at break neck speed while you are slow due to luggage) but everything will be fine. prices are round about 60 oo rupiah. about $6-7AUD. same from nusa dua to kuta. use a taxi with metre.

London
Level Contributor
750 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

Will 2nd that on the taxi counter at the airport. Literally on the right as you exit.

You will get guys wanting to carry your luggage for you - and its fine if you want the help. But just beware of what notes you give them as tip - guys we got gave their game away by asking for specific notes (although we were watching out anyway).

Probably the first place you're likely to get stung.

ontario canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

Recently got a cab from airprt to Nusa Dua and it was 90000.00 . I thought it was high but 5 guys kept telling me the same price and my husband was getting ticked so we jumped in and went. NUsa to Seminyak on the meter was 80000.00 give or take a couple hundred.

Bali, Indonesia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

the hotel airport pickup will cost you USD 15, the same price if you go to the taxi counter at the airport. If you got the price for IDR 90,000- meaning it is cheap. Most of the times in the airport there are many taxi drivers and they charge you fix price but if you go outside the airport you will be able to find taxi that give you the price by meters.

There are no shuttle from the hotel to Kuta area, Kuta area is near the airport, so the price will be around IDR 90,000 - 100,000 or 20 - 25 minutes from Nusa Dua (depends on the traffic as well)

Hope you will enjoy your vacation in Bali while staying at Novotel Bali Nusa Dua

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

We had a great taxi driver in Nusa Dua who could take you to any of those places. He is with Blue Bird (I feel bad because Blue Bird gives him so little of the money he earns though and sometimes he actually comes out at a loss!) We tipped him because we liked him so much and he is working so hard to provide for his family; with tip from Nusa Dua to Kuta we gave him IDR 100,000, I think that's around 10 or 11 Aussie dollars?

If you want him to take you when you get there he's great and his English is good; you can sit and quietly enjoy the ride or he will tell you about his family and what life is like for him; I learned a lot about the culture from him. His mobile number is 081 337 299 924, or if you want to call him from outside of Bali it's +62 81 337 299 924.

If you need to go anywhere in Nusa Dua we called him every time and he always came and picked us up straight away; the longest we would have to wait was 30 minutes if he was in Kuta area. I wish I wasn't in a different country so we could use him again!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

Just an update if anyone is still reading this thread; Dewa has since gotten onto the internet since we were with him in Bali. His email address is: dwketut_antara@yahoo.com

I still think he was the best taxi driver I've had 9 months later; he found me on Facebook and we keep on touch there and he lets me know what his family is up to and everything. I really hope this doesn't bring a lot of spam posts from local drivers posting for themselves...

Augh, I want to go back to Bali! ;)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

Hey Krissysue

Is the Dewa you mentioned on 3 April 2012 the same guy you posted about last year?

Is he still only driving Blue Birds or is he driving bigger vehicles as I'm looking for an airport transfer to Nusa Dua on Tuesday (10 April) with hubby + 2 kids. (Lucky me) He may not suit for that trip but sounds like he might be ideal for other trips.

Yes?

Melbourne, Victoria
Level Contributor
170 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

Most likely cheaper to get a taxi

Poland
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

Hello, I can recommend a driver (he is from Nusa Dua, we met him next to Ayodya Resort and had 3 trips with him, he also takes people to/from airport), his name is Nyoman, phone: +62 0817560569

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi/Shuttle Fare from Airport to Nusa

The fare from the taxi counter to Tangjung Benoa in May 2011 was 105 000 Rp so I would say Nusa Dua would be 100 000 Rp

depending on traffic - Nusa Dua to Seminyak is going to be 100 000 Rp to 150 000 Rp - cheap as chips really .....