We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

HI my partner and I are going to Bali end of July/August and we were thinking of staying in Nusa Dua for the 2 weeks, as we want a nice relaxing holiday with a bit of shopping and some sightseeing but mostly for relaxation.

At the moment we are tossing up between the Novotel Nusa Dua and the Courtyard by Marriott so any info on these would be great!

Also what would the average cost of a dinner meal in Nusa Dua be?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Lauryn

Bali Journey Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Shopping Tours
Bayu Bali Driver - Day Tour
Water Sports, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

Hi Lauryn.

You will be very close to "Bali Collection". There is plenty of good restaurants there good value for money!!

Almost all the hotels have the bus shuttle connecting to this place for free.

Do not expect to see the best sea water.... Unfortunately the beach you are heading to is quite noisy!! Lots of boats and water sports activities.

I suggest you for your relaxing a couple of days in Ubud.... Excellent!

Enjoy your holiday!

Felice

Elizabeth Town
Level Contributor
154 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

Hi,

I have stayed twice at the novotel nusa dua, with two teenage sons. I cannot comment on the Courtyard. The Novotel is not on the beach. It has though a really nice beach club which is just a few minutes away by shuttle bus. The beach club had a nice bar and restaurant when we were there. the guys there also kept our boys entertained playing beach volleyball etc. If you are lucky enough you may get a bale to yourself.

The rooms are very large. The one bedroom is especially good size and well appointed rooms. The tiered pool is very nice. This place is really set up for families so there can be quiet a few kids around. the pool area at times. However, for relaxation there were less families at the beach club - so it ise the area to relax. we went there a lot. The food we had was very good. If you join the accor club you will geta cut on your accommodation and meals at 50% off. card can pay for itself with a meal or two and a free nights accommodation.

As the above reviewer says you are only a short 5 -10 mins walk to bali collection for lots of restaurants and also to another area just outside the gates where you will find lots of restaurants at even cheaper prices.

It is though best suited for families. If you are going in non aus school holiday times you should be ok. Overall we enjoyed our times at the Novotel

and can recommend it.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

I would recomened you also look at Novotel Benoa directly on the beach and 5 mins Taxi drive to Nusa Dua...and Bali Collection or take free shuttle.

Plus it has adult only pools.....we stayed there last month at both Benoa and Nusa Nua and I must say we loved Benoa for its authentic bali feel. We have timeshare at Novotel Nusa Dua so we usually only stay there.

@ Benoa and Nusa Dua food is cheap, plenty of cheap massage places on the strip.

I cannot comment on the Courtyard but it look nices from the outside.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

I can also highly recomend the courtyard by marriott.

It has a huge pool and is never full. I'm there for 2-3 days every week and have never had any trouble with kids and too much noise to relax.

I have also stayed many times at the Novotel and find there to always be alot of people there. Usually if you want a lounge by the pool you have to put a towel down early to 'save' it..

Both places have their own beach clubs. But neither are actually on the beach.

Right next to the Marriott is a street called Jalan pantai mengait. Here there are 8-10 restaurants where you will eat for $20AUD for 2 people..

Hope this helps

Mandurah, WA
Level Contributor
266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

We stayed in Nusa Dua at the Melia Bali last Christmas. 2 adults & 2 kids aged 10 & 8 (almost). We all loved it. Right on the beach but further along from the water sports area so the beach was not noisy at all. What was great for us was happy hour at the beachside bar & restaurant whilst the kids played on the beach or in the pool just behind us. The resort had bike hire which is enjoyable. There is a great walking/cycling path along the beachfront of Nusa Dua and along the main thoroughfare. Unlike the rest of Bali, ND is very orderly in terms of pedestrian and vehicle traffic so it's quite safe on bikes.

Eating at the resorts is generally fairly expensive compared to non-resort options. As others have said, the Bali Collection in ND is a good option. Lots of eateries to choose from at reasonable prices. For our family of 4 with mains, dessert, drinks (lots of cocktails) we were spending anywhere between AU$50-70 on an evening meal. Bali Collection was right next door to the Melia so we tended to gravitate there for convenience. Prices are a bit higher than other places in Bali but you have to expect that in a 5 star resort enclave like ND. Still pretty cheap compared to Aust.

My other tip is to try the some of the eateries located in Nusa Dua village just outside the main gates. Lots of choice, good food and cheaper than Bali Collection. It's a fairly easy walk along a good footpath from most of the ND resorts to the village. A lot of the eateries will even send a taxi or car to pick you up from your resort at no cost. You just need to phone or book ahead. Same applies to shopping and massages. We got better prices at ND village than the main market in Kuta and less hassling. Excellent 1hr full body massage and body scrub plus pick up and drop off from resort for AU$12 at the village.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 11 April 2012, 06:15
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

2 weeks is a long time in nusa dua, you may wish to reconsider this and split your time between 2 or 3 areas. The local restaurants are in a street called JL Pantai Mengiat and all give free transfers. I enjoy a few nights in nusa dua but would not stay there for 2 weeks. Use the free shuttle bus to bali collection. Eating outside the hotel in nusa dua is always cheaper. There are also restaurants in benoa close by.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

any time in nusa dua is too long in my opinion

' to far away to do anything always taxi to kuta/legain to get better shopping , i would stay at sanur

just a thought

or as snooky says break it up in to seminyak/sanur 1 week a piece

chris

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all of your replies! I really appreciate the feedback.

This info has helped me out quite a bit, and will help me decide where to stay!

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

we are all different which is so nice

would the world be boring if we were all the same

We stay at Tangjung Benoa and often do a month, and once we drive into Nusa Dua on our way to Tangjung Benoa - we can never leave the area until we need to go to the airport - and then only under duress.

There is a great little market at Nusa Dua, the shopping centre at Bali Collection is awesome and there are lots of places to eat there as well. COCO supermarket and variety store is there also.

Jalan Mengiat is eat street, and for something different hop into a cab and go to Tangjung Benoa for some different food options.

Hardys have a supermarket on the bypass - there are lots of spas and place to shop.

Prices - we pay about 150 000 to 200 000 Rp per person for a good quality 3 course meal, with seafood - if you have a few drinks you can expect the prices to double.

You may find some cheaper menu items in some places but there is so much competition the prices are pretty much the same everywhere.

Expect to pay about 15 000 for an entree and mains from 35 000 to 150 000 depending on if it is pasta or veges with rice to steak etc.

I don't think that Nusa Dua is any more expensive than anywhere else

Berwick Victoria
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of food etc in Nusa Dua

Hey Lauryn

Text me and i will give you heaps of names if you dont have my number as the front girls at your work they can give it to u.

Hope you have booked We are going early september maybe we could catch up for dinner.

Most places in Nusa Dua are reasonable prices

Lynda

Get answers to your questions about Nusa Dua