We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

Hi,

I will be staying in Bali for two weeks in August, which is split between ubud and nusa dua. We have booked day tours from ubud and nusa dua. We chose this because it suited as as we have a young family.

But I wanted to know how long does it takes in a taxi from nusa dua to seminyak and the cost, as we would like to go there a few times for sunset and dinner ?

Thanks.

Bali Essential Tours
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Maps Bali Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Bali Journey Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Shopping Tours
Bali Quality Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

well the traffic will be bad and it could take up to two or more hours.

On Friday June 1 - it took 2.5 hours from Nusa Dua to Seminyak - as there was an accident - along with the normal busy traffic and delays due to construction.

The cost could be 150 000 Rp or a bit more depending on how long the delays are.

To see the sunset - how about Jimbaran Bay - about 15 minutes .

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

Thank you for the response. I will be staying at the Conrad, do you or anyone know whether it is better to get a cab at the hotel or from outside the hotel ?

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

It is cheaper by a little to hail a cab on the street - but its not much - they hotel will ring a taxi for you, just specifiy a Blue Bird Taxi - and if they offer you transport options - that do not suit you - just insist on a Blue Bird Taxi.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

Just got back from Nusa Dua. If you're looking for more than a quick taxi ride, then I'd highly recommend hiring a driver. it was so nice to be able to have someone we trust and also be at our backing call. It's extremely affordable too. We were a group of 5 friends and it worked out perfect for us. Let me know if you're interested, if so I can forward you our driver's information. He was the nicest guy, extremely safe and very competent in English.

I agree about the sunset dinner at Jimbaran Bay, it was lovely and closer than Seminyak!

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

Thank you teamgb, it would be great to have the details. How did this work! Did you book him for a period and call him when you needed him ?

And how long did the drive into seminyak take you ?

Thanks.

Spain
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

I would like the information of your driver in bali .thanks.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

You are going to face traffic problems no matter what and a taxi will cost less than a car/driver. Its about 120,000 one way. The one nice thing about a driver is no worries about getting back to Nusa Dua. About 2 weeks ago some taxi drivers refused to take me to Nusa Dua due to the traffic situation. That was a first time I was ever refused in Bali. The drivers can face up to a 4 hour round trip, so they don't want to chance it.

Kuta/Legian/Seminyak traffic is worst in late afternoon. The worst place is the traffic circle at Dewa Ruci (in front of DFS) in Kuta which is the choke point for all the major roads in southern Bali and to Sunset Rd. There is no way around it. No matter how clever your driver, he has to go through Dewa Ruci.

Its not impossible - you do eventually get through the traffic choke points, but it does take some time.

There are some great places to eat in Nusa Dua and Jimbaran. No sunsets in Nusa Dua (but great sunrises) and nice sunsets at Jimbaran.

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

thank you, what time would you suggest leaving nusa dua to get to seminyak for sunset ?

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

I would leave at least 2 hours before to make sure you get there. I had friends who got stuck going to dinner one night at it took 2.5 hours.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi time and cost from nusa dua to other parts of Bali

You say you are staying at the Conrad in August so I am guessing you will be paying somewhere around 300 dollars a night.

A taxi will be cheaper but why trying to save on conveniency if you are already staying at such a wonderful hotel as the Conrad?

Having your own driver will be more convenient and still very reasonably charged (you can have one for a full day for about 50-60 dollars). You can leave all your stuff safely locked away in the car and you don't have to worry about not being able to find a taxi for the return or being extorted by the driver on the way back (fewer taxis give them the opportunity for taxi drivers to ask higher prices).

Traffic is heaviest starting at 4pm all the way to 7pm (people going home after working or returning to their hotels after a day tour). Why not beat the traffic and leave your hotel at 2pm. Arrive at Seminyak beach at 3:30pm. Go shopping or go for a walk. Enjoy sunset. Have dinner in one of the many superb restaurants and leave Seminyak not earlier than 7pm.

You will want to avoid Seminyak altogether on a Friday and Saturday afternoon (weekend).

Get answers to your questions about Nusa Dua