We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So we don't waste our time.......

Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
So we don't waste our time.......

We plan to be dropped off at Bali Collection to begin our oe day exploration of Nusa Dua, we will have a grumpy 2 year old with us.

Can anyone advise a route for us to follow so we are not wandering around aimlessly in heat. We basically want to see anything or everything worth seeing there, and then not have to come back

We are happy for all suggestions

Thanks in advance

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So we don't waste our time.......

Can't imagine a grumpy 2 year old wanting to wander around souvenir shops. There is Sogo which is air-conditioned but 2 year olds usually want to play on the beach or in a pool. Bali Collection is quite disappointing and often shops are empty or owner's don't seem to have turned up for work. Walk quickly through from the road to the beach. Swim,buy a kite right on the beach for about $Aus 5 and fly it with the child

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So we don't waste our time.......

Hi Taca

If you ask me, you're wasting your time just by going there and spending one day. If you are dropped off at BAli Collection you can look at the shops and then you will have a choice of 5 star hotels to look at. Thats about it. The beach is nice for a little while but I think you'd be better spending your time elsewhere in Bali.

Cheers

Edited: 07 May 2013, 23:29
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So we don't waste our time.......

Appreciate both responses, I did wonder that.

We at staying at Jimbaran flying a kie here is a great idea. might give Nusa Dua a miss this time around

Thanks again

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So we don't waste our time.......

I loved the 'novelty' of Bali Collection. It's different to buying off the street. I found Nusa Dua to be like another planet compared to Seminyak/ Kuta. Go for the experience. If its too much for 2 year old, turn around and head elsewhere.

Everything is easy in Bali!! Why aren't I there now?? ;)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So we don't waste our time.......

There is not a great deal to do. However you can walk over to mushroom rock from the Bali Collection. There is a nice temple close to here and at high tide the blowhole is worth looking at. There are water sports down at Tanjong Benoa as well should you want to check that out, however with a 2 yr old you will be limited by what you can do unless you take turns. Nusa Dua is a lot about enjoying the hotel facilities while you are staying there.

I suggest you do NOT take up the numerous offers to go to see the turtles via glass bottom boat.. The turtles at the conservation centre close to sanur are worth seeing though.

The shopping at Bali collection is more relaxed compared to Kuta so you may enjoy a bit of a stroll around there, also a few good restaurants. Prices here are higher than kuta though.

Australia
Level Contributor
863 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So we don't waste our time.......

An early morning walk along the beach path might be fun on your way to something else. It was too hot beyond 10am.

We did the beach path, the blow hole and Bali Collection last time. Is there more to see?

Isn't there another street of shops nearby within walking distance?

Edited: 08 May 2013, 10:20
7. Re: So we don't waste our time.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Nusa Dua