We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

We are hoping to book our holiday to Melia, Westin or Nusa Dua Hotel. The B&B holiday package is a good deal, but I need to budget spending money for eating and drinking. Any idea on prices of food and alcoholic beverages at these hotels?

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

I don't know the specific prices for food and drink at these hotels, but they will be at least double or treble the price outside the resort.

sydney
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

We have stayed at Nusa Dua spa resort many times. I would recommend the breakfast in the package. One of the best buffet breakfasts. Meals and drink at the hotel are top prices. Unfortuantely at nusa dua you are limited to other choices unless you use a taxi etc. On the beach front walk way there aare a few local set ups that sell beer / soft drink /chip etc - I always buy a few things there to assist them. A few new resturants are on the beach walk way now. Unfortunately still a lot dearer than say Kuta , Sanur .

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Melbourne
Level Contributor
326 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

Take taxi to Bali Collections for$3.00. Lots of restaurants offer free transfer back to your hotel. Just got back from Conrad ate at many restaurants outside hotel. Many provide pick up and return to hotel. Ate at Bumbu bali and Meads to name a few, both picked up and dropped off. Organised through hotel concierge desk. Fairly pricey to eat at hotel for all meals. There is a free shuttle bus to bali collections from most hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

Hi,

I stayed at Melia in March. It was just lovely in their grounds. We stayed in a lagoon access room with "Club" access.

The breakfast was okay for me but husband wasn't impressed at all. The massage in the spa there was not great either.

The beach restaurant in the resort had the best mojitos and spaghetti carbonara I've ever had but was considerably more expensive than elsewhere (Kuta/Seminyak). From memory, I think our lunch there cost approx $50aud whereas the same meal would have been maybe $20aud somewhere else.

Loads of choice at Bali Collection and prices looked much better!

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bali Collection
Bali Collection
3,474 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

Food and drinks at these resorts are nearly that of what you would pay at home,however that spirits and wines will be more expensive.

As mentioned take the breakfast package as it is worth it in Nusa Dua.

There are many restaurants in Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa that are less expensive so i would be heading out to dinner and tasting all the lovely foods.

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Tanjung Benoa
Tanjung Benoa
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
78 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

I had just booked for a stay in Westin for December. Would be our first time there, been staying at Grand Hyatt for the past few years and once at the old Hilton many years back.

Would be good if some heads up on what to look forward to at Westin while we are there both inside and nearby the resort.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

Pretty much standard prices for a cocktail are 110 000 Rp with the plus plus (21% - made up of 10% service fee and 11 % govt tax)

Wine is very expensive.

I find that we get a breakfast package - have a light snack beside the pool for lunch and go out somewhere for dinner.

Average entree price outside the hotel is 40 000 to 90 000

Main course (depending on what you have) from 60 000 to 250 000 (seafood platter)

Pretty reasonable for what you get compared to what you would pay at home

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

While you are in Nusa Dua why not try either or both the St Regis or The Mulia Resort & Spa’s Sunday brunch both are fabulous.

Cheers Caro

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
The St. Regis Bali Resort
1,981 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Mulia Resort
Mulia Resort
2,074 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Melbourne
Level Contributor
326 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

Agree with you Caro. Just got back from Bali. Spent last morning at St Regis for brunch. Wow superb cocktails and the food was amazing. Was one of the highlights for this trip. Will definitely do this again.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
1,981 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of food and alcoholic beverages in hotel?

Caro,which do you think is better St Regis or Mulia?

Mentioned in this post
1,981 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia