We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM's in Sanur

Preston, United...
Destination Expert
for Preston
Level Contributor
421 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
ATM's in Sanur

Hi,

We are staying at the Puri Santrian and I really would prefer to use ATM card to get money, seems like a lot of dodgy money changers about!

Could anyone tell me if there are any ATM's near this hotel, and are they fairly common around Bali in general?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM's in Sanur

Hi, there are plenty of ATM's so no need to worry.

Be careful though as the card comes out AFTER the money.

Check with your bank the charges they apply. Take out the maximum amount each time to save on charges. It does save the worry about dodgy money changers. The rate is usually only a little less than on the streets. But of course charges can make a difference.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM's in Sanur

there are ATM's just outside the hardy's supermarket in sanur. just catch a bemo from the puri santrian, it will only take a few minutes to get there. apart from that the money changer across the road is very reliable and honest and one of only 2 i would recommend in sanur. i change money there and never have any problems. i always check calculations and count the rupiah b4 handing over my currency but this money exchanger is so good you could leave without checking and you would always get the correct amount. please do check though and don't be afraid to use them.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
976 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM's in Sanur

Hi Billy

We are just not long back from Puri Santrian and there were 2 atm's just on the street outside the main entrance to the hotel. There is a long(ish) driveway to the hotel - come out of that and turn right, walk past the Mezzanine Restaurant (part of PS and excellent) and there are two ATM's there in what is like a forecoart area for another hotel. They are inside little glass booths with huge satellite dishes on top - one on each side of hte forecourt.

We took some money out of them towards the end of our holiday - no problem! Just charged the usual £1.50 fee from our bank and got a really good exchange rate also.

Have fun!

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM's in Sanur

Are there ATMs all over the island, we will be staying near Nusa Dua in September...

Tenerife
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM's in Sanur

Hi

Are there ATMs near Sanur Beach Hotel?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATM's in Sanur

There is NO reason to worry about ATM,s. There may not be one 2 feet from your door but there will be one within walking distance.

The only places you won't find them are in non tourist areas. If you are asking this question you are obviously new to Bali so I wouldn't imagine you are going off trecking into the hills by yourself. Or if you are take money with you.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATM's in Sanur

Lona the sanur beach hotel is near the puri santrian so either the ATM's mentioned near the puri would be closest or as i mentioned go to hardys. everyone usually ends up at hardys anyway to buy essentials and shop upstairs for arts, crafts and clothing etc so this ATM is handy. not only that one or two very reliable currency exchangers is just across the road. so for me this is where i personally go to get money. there is also restaurants and shops here as well.

Jeffs, since you are staying in nusa dua remember that if you exchange money here that the money exchangers give a much lower rate than elsewhere. it is even better to get money at the airport or better still get the taxi driver to stop in / around kuta so you can use a reputable exchanger. there are ATM's innusa dua.

to everyone don't exchange your money at your hotel, the rate is much much lower.

always take cash and it is a good idea to have more than 1 card for your ATM in case something happens to it.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ATM's in Sanur

Even us veterans have Dumb Moments. I have just answered the exact same question on another post, and warned about retreiving your card, because I left mine in the Machine beside the Messanine a week ago. So if any of you find it, tear it up, I have a new one now. What an idiot I am.

Toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ATM's in Sanur

Snooky

You mention bringing an extra card. Canadian banks will issue one card only per account or bundle of accounts. A new card is issued when there is damage or loss. My concern is, how often do the Bali ATMs eat cards? If they eat mine, I'm gooped.

Paddlewest

Sydney
Level Contributor
16 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ATM's in Sanur

I've used ATMs in Bali hundreds of times and I've yet to hear of one eating your card. They are fine, and also take Visa & Mastercard. Bank Danemon ones take Amex too. And spit the card out before the cash!

Get answers to your questions about Sanur