We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Santrian- have we done the right thing!!?!

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
Destination Expert
for Preston
Level Contributor
421 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Puri Santrian- have we done the right thing!!?!

Hi,

We have booked 9 nights in a club room for our honeymoon in August next year. We have become a tad worried about the number of reviews that make mention of the ropey rooms an bathrooms. As we are on honeymoon we will obviously spend plenty of time in the room some days, and are getting a bit concerned about one or two things. Can anyone set our minds at ease or , if not, recommend another hotle on the beach? We will be coming from KL where were are staying in the executive suite of the Traders so will their be a big shock waiting at the Puri? All we are after is a clean, well appointed room with a view and a clean/tidy bathroom.

Thanks for any help you can give

Kevin and Amanda

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,324 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puri Santrian- have we done the right thing!!?!

I can't put your mind at ease, it's been a while since I stayed at the Puri but the club rooms always had a good reputation. Are you sure the reviews you're reading are specifically mentioning the club rooms, because the bathrooms in the other bits of the hotel were a bit shabby.

Unless someone else who's recently stayed in a club room can answer your question, I'd maybe suggest the Hyatt which is close to the Puri. Or there are some nice looking villas where you can enjoy some privacy.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
958 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puri Santrian- have we done the right thing!!?!

I wish I had seen the club rooms to tell you if they were any better than the beachwing rooms we stayed in. At the end of the day they are not expensive rooms so I dont think we can expect a lot. I booked the Puri because I heard the Hyatt rooms were a bit tired!

We stayed 10 nights and if we were ever to go back to Bali I would probably look for a fab hotel for a few nights in Ubud so you might want to consider that and splitting so you have a mix of accommodation and hedging your bets as it were?

Sorry this is probably not much help!

Preston, United...
Destination Expert
for Preston
Level Contributor
421 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puri Santrian- have we done the right thing!!?!

Anyone else got any tips?!

Wales UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puri Santrian- have we done the right thing!!?!

Hi there, Stayed in the Puri Santrian two yrs ago and it was fabulous. We stayed in a bungalow which was great. We had a look at the club rooms and they were nice also, but preferred the bungalow as it was in lovely gardens opposite the wedding gazebo. I have also booked to go back in April 09. The Puri Santrian is a great hotel in a good location and on best part of the beach, with a small village area to the front of the hotel with bars restaurants etc. Have seen various reviews for the Hyatt saying it needs refurbishing so decided not to stay there also and the beach location wasn't as good. The Puri Santrian has beautiful gardens, great pools, fab spa, great staff and I find there is nothing bad to say about this hotel. Enjoy Tina

Nuneaton
Level Contributor
102 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puri Santrian- have we done the right thing!!?!

Hi, we have just come back from the Puri on Friday and have stayed in the club rooms (room 327 on the 3rd floor) I have to day that this was the 3rd room we had as the other rooms that had been offered in the BEach Wing had some problems with the loo in that they would not flush - think it is to do with the water pressures! We became esperts on the loos there but the one in the room was OK. It was a great room on the 3rd floor with a nice vaultee ceiling, 4 poster bed. The bathroom was good and had a separate shower. The private club pools were great as well, not as crowded and no kids! The only thing that could have improived is that there is no bar there so it was easy enought to run to the room for supplies and bring them down!!

If you need any more info, let me know and I can let you have this and mail you some photos if you like!

6. Re: Puri Santrian- have we done the right thing!!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 01:20