We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Hyatt Rooms

UK
6 posts
Save Topic
Bali Hyatt Rooms

Hi, Can anyone tell me which is the best room to stay in at the Bali Hyatt in Sanur?

Has anyone stayed in a Regency Club Garden or Ocean View room and which is the best?

Thanks!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Hyatt Rooms

Just returned from Bali Hyatt. We booked a double Garden View room (same standard as Ocen view room but with a different view) but were disappointed when we got a twin. The hotel were happy to move us the next day when a double would be available and the only one that was available was a Regency Club room (lucky us). I have to say that the room was much better, it looked like the one in the brochure and the view of the garden was lovely. The bathroom was particularly good with a separate bath and shower and more lotions and potions! Unfortunately our 'up grade' did not include access to the Regency Club although we did try to get in! It looked like a quieter bar where you could get free drinks and snacks late afternoon/early evening as well as breakfast which was probably good because the main area for breakfast gets really busy. I am not sure that there were anymore perks. Hope this helps.

UK
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Hyatt Rooms

Thanks for the info, that's great. Was it quite busy in Sanur, is there much to do there?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Hyatt Rooms

The hotel was quite busy but the bars and restaurants in Sanur were very quiet. We spoke to a couple of locals who said that people were just beginning to return after the bombings. Having said that Sanur has got a reputation of being quite a quiet resort. We visited Kuta and that was really busy, so it's all relative.

We really enjoyed ourselves. The people are fantastic.

UK
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Hyatt Rooms

Do you go to Seminyak?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Hyatt Rooms

No we did not make it but would have liked to. Heard it is a bit more sophisticated than Kuta. We only went for one night but it was good because it was so different from Sanur. If we went again (which is likely) we would spend more time in Kuta and Seminyak.

We did a couple of trips - went to Tannah Lot and monkey forest which was ok but very touristy. Jimbaran bay was good for a sunset sea food dinner right on the beach. The seafood is caught and cooked there and was really tasty.

We had a fantastic massage in a place in Tuban - if you want to try something like this the Hyatt Spa is really expensive and treatments are much cheaper in the hundreds of Spas in towns. We paid about £20 each for 2 hours massage, in the hotel it was going to be about £150!

Leigh
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali Hyatt Rooms

My wife and I stayed in the Bali Hyatt in '99 for 5 days - so a few years ago now. Based on our experience and if you can switch off to the exterior architecture of the hotel and concentrate on the interior, the service, food and gardens then it is one of the very best hotels we have ever stayed in. I admit we were in the Regency Club but the rooms were magnificant with bags of space and "Bali" opulence/romance all around.

The food in the various range of restaurants at the hotel was outstanding and in my view very reasonably priced. You will be treated like a god with excellent service from all the staff.

We were treated as people and not just a number. As you went to breakfast you were greeted by your name - but I guess that may be Regency Club treatment for you - yes it does cost a bit more but for those special occasions it is worth it.

Our friends were at the hotel also and they shared our views with one exception in that they had a faulty a/c unit which caused a few problems but nothing to spoil the visit.

UK
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali Hyatt Rooms

thanks for the info, have booked regency club room now!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations