We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

Hi, going on our first trip to Bali, arriving next week and staying at the Tamukami. I have looked at the 'recommended drivers' pages on TA, and all seem excellent from their 'adverts' of course. I would really value a recent personal recommendation. Just the 2 of us (geriatrics - not really but quite active 60s) and would like safe driver, speaking good English, non-smoker in modern car (with aircon) We just want a couple of full days sightseeing, and would like an inclusive price for time, petrol, parking, entrance fees(?). Any advice most welcome. Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

We found a good one last week, his name is Daniel and he hangs out in front of the Sanur Beach Hotel (in front of Donald's store). We just hired him off the street but he is there most days unless he has another fare booked.

gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

I'm sure you'll get a lot of reccommendations. I was in Bali at the beginning of March for only a couple of days. So based on feedback from this forum I emailed Putu Sudiana and arranged for him to pick me up at the airport the night that I arrived and drive me to my hotel in Sanur.

It was my first time so didn't want to deal with taxis at the airport as it can be nuts in some countries.

I then had him tour me arround for a full day while there.

Hotel check out was noon the day I left but plane was 10:00 pm or so, so I had him pick me up before lunch, spent another whole day touring, and then had him drop me off at the airport.

I was very pleased with him and his services. I got caught in a downpour in a temple and he brought me an umbrella.

Check his page for rates,

http://www.yourbalidriver.com

All costs that you mentioned were included except for entrance fees to any sights. Parking was included. He had a modern air conditioned car, cooler with water.

If you like coffee, have him take you to the coffee plantation for Luwak Coffee, world's most expensive.

You can contact him at

sudiana_goazonk@yahoo.com

Have a great trip.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,055 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

Hi Brenda

We've been to Bali a number of times over the years and always stay at Sanur. We've formed a relationship/friendship with a lovely shy little Balanese man called Ketut. He works out of the Puri Santrian Hotel and you can contact him through the main hotel number, is always really honest, has an air conditioned vehicle and is a very safe driver (we're both a bit cautious about these things). Let us know if you would like his mobie number.

Travelkat

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

Hi Brenda,

In April we used Bobby, he is based in Sanur but works all around Bali, he has a larger aircon wagon and he speaks well and is very informative and a non smoker.

He picked us up from Ubud, drove us to Sanur and he was really good, waiting for us while we went shopping, picking us up after dinner etc

Bobbybalitour@yahoo.com

Let me know if you want his mobile number.

5. Re: Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2009, 12:56
6. Re: Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2009, 12:56
Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

Hi folks, always best to have a recommendation. Thank you for taking the trouble to reply

US
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

Brenda

You may realize this already, if not, Made Candra = Erica Lui so take that reco with a grain of salt, Ha!

Perth
Level Contributor
91 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

Ey up, we use Nyoman Adnyana, at the moment he is looking after our 19yr old daughters travel requirements in Bali, that is the level of trust we have in him. He is a sweet guy and if he gets too busy these days, his wife Ketut picks up the slack.

You can check him out at baliasyouplease.weebly.com

He can custom make the travel and pre book for you.

Regards Chris

Manchester
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Please give a recent recommendation for driver in Sanur

Hi Brenda

We were in Bali last Oct/Nov and are going back again this year. We used Dean and his driver Wayan Lia. He is on the drivers forum also has a blog. He was super very polite,spoke very good English non smoker etc .Check it out for yourself. We are a young 50s/60s couple