We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitoes in bali

Trencin, Slovakia
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
mosquitoes in bali

Hi Tripadvisors,

i am just wondering if i need to bring some extra strong repellent, because last year in Mexico we were literary eaten alive by mosquitoes.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,100 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mosquitoes in bali

This is a regular question. If you find you are someone who attracts them, then make sure you put on some sort of roll-on repellent otherwise, I don't think you will have any problems in Bali. We have travelled there over many years, both in the built-up areas and also the country and we have found that mosquitoes are far worse at home here in Australia.

Have a lovely mozzie-free holiday.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mosquitoes in bali

yes. use insect repellent at dawn and dusk and early evening. in the tropics mozzie bites can turn to ulcers if you scratch them so avoid the bite.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,935 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mosquitoes in bali

we take tropical strength repellant and also Deet.

Trencin, Slovakia
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mosquitoes in bali

Thank you all,

i will take strong repellent.

i am mosquitoes favourite, they just love me.

victoria
Level Contributor
267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: mosquitoes in bali

We also took with us (bought them here in Australia).

A handy size pack of "Citronella Candles" & burnt them in our room ,on the balcony , kept one going of a nite in the bedroom, used net around bedding too.

As well as spritzing yourself with tropical strength repellent day & nite..........had no problems at all!

Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: mosquitoes in bali

can you buy repellant over there--or I should take it from Australia?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mosquitoes in bali

Not 100%sure if i've seen Aerogard,but to be sure, to be sure,i'd take Rid and/or Tropical strength Aerogard with you as well as a good 30+spf sunscreen.

Cheers

Burns

Bali
Level Contributor
639 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mosquitoes in bali

You can buy the local repellent here (Autan or Soffel), they both work pretty well. The best advise I can give you though, is to invest in a plug-in electric mosquito repeller. It will cost you about $2 and works better than anything I've ever used (and mosquitoes LOVE me). It is just a little electric heating pad that you replace the little mat on every night (Hit and Baygon make them). I use the Hit ones and I never have problems with mosquitoes. You can buy them at any little supermarket.

victoria
Level Contributor
267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: mosquitoes in bali

We took it from here......didnt even notice whether u can buy it there. Im sure u could thou!

But....we took your regular tropical strenght sritz spray Aerogard....& a "newish" product called "Off".

Bought at Coles supermarket.Bought pack of citronella candles tea size there too.

Was all we needed.....no mozzie bites.....notta one !

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mosquitoes in bali

Teka-Teki thanks for that info....I will look out for them in mataharis or Bintang as soon as we get there...husband gets bitten badly anywhere.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur