We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking Water

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking Water

Hi,

Staying In Sanur Beach Hotel for 3 weeks from Sept 2nd.I would like to know if the water is totally undrinkable in the hotel/area?is it Bottled only to be on the safe side? And what about ice in drinks/cocktails is that a no no , or is the whole water thing just blown out of proportion?

Thanks

Preston, United...
Destination Expert
for Preston
Level Contributor
421 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking Water

Tap water is a no-no, but we had ice in everything and not a problem

Bill

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking Water

Yes! drink bottled water not out of any taps.You should be supplied with at least (2)small bottles of water in your room each day. Tip:buy large bottles of water and refill smaller bottles to take out with you each day, although bottled water is only 2,000-2,500rup in CircleK's etc.One the beach in Kuta from beach eskies it's 5,000rup.Ice is okay to have in drinks.Many/everyone say don't clean your teeth with tap water, martin,I clean my teeth with tap water,i don't swollow the water and i've never had a problem.(maybe it's my cast iron stomach!)

*BE wary but not paranoid to the point where you ruin your holiday.The vast majority of travellers never catch anything.(www.filosbali.net)

Cheers

Burns

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking Water

I am like Burns, I brush my teeth in tap water and have always done so in Bali but just don't swallow the water. The ice for drinks is government controlled and very safe. Salads are fine to eat too, don't worry too much and enjoy.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking Water

I use bottled water for everything including brushing my teeth. To date I have never been sick in Bali (touch wood). I also always have the ice in drinks without any problem.

Perth
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking Water

Hi, we stayed in Sanur recently and apart from the bottled water supplied in our hotel, we made regular trips to Hardy's supermarket on the main strip and stocked up on large bottles of water there. It is soooo cheap! We kept them in our hotel room fridge and refilled our smaller bottles if we were going out for the day. But saying that, you'll have plenty of opportunity to buy cold bottled water when you are out and about, it's less than a dollar. Cheers, have a great time.

6. Re: Drinking Water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2010, 13:17