We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

Were a couple in our 30's we like small friendly hotels and think that Sanur will suit us as Kutu looks to busy. We just want a few bars and good restaurants. Can anyone recommend a hidden gem?

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

Sounds like Sanur will fit the bill then. Are you looking for beachfront accommodation or is a short walk to the beach ok? Can you give us an idea of your budget per night?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
789 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

What about Besakih Beach Resort?

It is a relatively small resort, right on the beach and not too expensive. We always stay there when in Bali, just love it.

South Australia
Level Contributor
347 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

Have youy stayed at Besekah of late. The recent reviews are not very flattering.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

Hi,

I can really recommend you Balibergvilla, their webiste is: www.balibergvilla.nl and then choose the English language.

You can also read my review on this small cosy resort on tripadvisor, or you can read reviews and watch photos on www.zoover.com and then indonesia, bali, sanur, balibergvilla.

It is a small cosy resort, with Dutch management, but of course speaking English, in a small street behind Mercure Hotel (southern part of Sanur). It is about 400 meters from the beach, but they have free bikes available, and it is so nice to cycle along the boulevard from south upto north and then back through the small centre. By bike you will be on the beach and at the restaurants in about three or four minutes.

They are very friendly their, the garden and swimmingpool area is fantastic, nice breakfast area, and only 4 rooms and 1 villa.

If you have any further questions, pls let me know,

kind regards,

Sylvia van Dalen

Holland

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
789 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

Stayed at Besakih in Sept 2008 and we are staying again this year. I have never found anything wrong with the hotel. They have different categories of rooms, some really new ones that are a bit more expensive, the renovated bungalows down the road end are about US$85 per night.

Maybe some of the older bungalows are a bit tired but the location and staff more than make up for that. We are staying in the Hotel Block which is two storey and the rooms are a bit bigger.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

Hi again,

I forgot to mention, if you want to read the Baliberg review on TA, you have to choose "specialty lodging" in Sanur, it is not mentioned amongst the other hotels!

And we liked to have diner on the beach at Kesuma Restaurant (also the southern part of Sanur, near Mercure), cheap priced delicious food, cosy atmosphere, just put your bikes in front of the restaurant, and enjoy!

Have a nice holiday!!

Kind regards,

Sylvia

P.S. We also like small cosy places instead of large hotels chains.

If you need some others small resorts on other parts of Bali, pls let me know, as we stayed in 6 several places, all lovely small resorts, last August!

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

It is interesting to look at the posts by BrakelSyl.

So far 112 posts about Bali and a very large percentage mention one particular hotel.

Certainly this is getting to the stage of straight out advertising.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

Hi Cempaka,

Last year I was in Bali in several places, but the Pemuteran forum is not very active, nor the Lovina forum or Umalas forum. So indeed the most of my posts is on the Sanur forum.

I am certainly NOT an advertiser for Balibergvilla, at least not a professional one. Other are always recommending Puri Santrian or other hotels they like, we really enjoyed ourselves at Balibergvilla and when people are looking for a small cosy resort, I simply give them my opinion.

I also recommended a few times Sudanita Homestay in Ababi, maybe you think i am also involved in this property?!

I cannot understand why every time you are critisizing my posts about Balibergvilla, but maybe this is the way you are.

Regards,

Sylvia from Holland

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

Hi again,

I had a quick look at my posts, around 120, people can judge themselves whether I am only talking about Sanur ????

Sylvia

melbourne
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time to Bali.... where to stay in Sanur

He lass, thad beta give sanur a miss if thas wat tha wants. Go ta Kuta, its a lot beta.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur