We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aston Legend Villas

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aston Legend Villas

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to Bali in March. I'm trying to decide between Aston Villas (Sanur) and Furama (Ubud). My trepidation concerning Aston Legend is based on the lack of recent reviews. It seems like popular hotels are reviewed often--Aston has not had a review since 09. Furama Villas and Spa has tons of recent (and favorable) reviews. However, I'm a little worried about staying in Ubud (with rice paddies) during the rainy season, as I am prone to mosquito bites. Has any one heard any recent news regarding Aston? Should I just give it a go?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aston Legend Villas

Firstly, the rice fileds do not breed mosquitos as the water is constantly flowing slowly through them, not lying still. Mosquitos don't breed in moving water. BUT it is wet season and there are heaps of other places that the mossies can breed in both Ubud and Sanur.

We haven't heard any bad reports from Aston Legends Villa so the lack of recent reviews isn't really an issue. It is pot luck if a place gets reviewed or not, really.

uk
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aston Legend Villas

We stayed at aston legend villas 3 years ago.They were faultless and we recommended them to everyone, that was until last year when we booked direct with them for two weeks. 2 days before departure we found out that they had overbooked and they were sending us to seminyak instead. We only found this out because we sent a courtesy email reminding them of our arrival, otherwise we wouldn't have found out till we got there. seminyak is very different to sanur, alot busier.It kind of took the shine off our holiday. Since this event we have read on quite a few reviews that this is happening quite alot. Definately wouldn't stay there again on principle

3. Re: Aston Legend Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2010, 07:17