We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snakes

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
263 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
snakes

hi guys,

glad you re all here for me!!!!am scared of snakes,do you see many in sanur, if you do, were is best to avoid?i realise this is pathetic and should be more brave, bu im a baby,please help.me staying in sanur....help me!!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snakes

I've never seen any snakes in Sanur. Of course they are there but it would be very rare to actually run across one.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,481 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snakes

HI jacdav

Don't worry, the snakes will be more afraid of you than vice versa! Plus they keep the rat population down!

Cheers

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snakes

Snakes are rarely seen near the hotels. Snakes dislike people more than people dislike snakes. Most snakes are really small and can be quite pretty, especially the green tree snakes.

You are more likely to see snakes in the rice fields.

As in Australia always tread with a heavy foot and snakes scurry away as fast as they can.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snakes

Never seen a snake in any of the resort areas of Bali..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: snakes

Oh God

Are there really rats everywhere please tell me as i have a mortal fear of rats.....would much rather heaps of snakes then seeing 1 rat.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,006 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snakes

You will be fine. You may see a rat, you may not. You may see some squirrels or might not.

Don't linger on the thought and concentrate on enjoying your holiday.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snakes

You may spy a wild water rat occassionally but that will only be a fleeting glimpse as they scurry away. Most of the time it's too quick you don't even realise you are have seen them until after they are gone.

Just like if you like in a rural area of Australia. It is not rat infested at all.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: snakes

Have never seen a snake in Bali except at the zoo and at Tanah Lot. Do not worry there are way less snakes in Bali than in Australia.

9. Re: snakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanur