We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

besakih television stations

western australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
besakih television stations

Family of 4, children 22 & 19, hoping to stay at the Besakih or other beachfront hotel. Can you get interconnecting rooms? My 22 year old son has Down Syndrome, and of course TV is an important part of his life! so TV availability and variety is important so he can watch TV while we are close by at the beach or pool. Any other advice would be great, as to getting a good deal etc, travel dates are 30th August for 6 nights. Thanks

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,251 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: besakih television stations

Hello Kat, You will find that hotels will describe on their websites, what you can expect to find in your room. I just had a look at Besakih Beach Resort and it reads; satelite television, air conditioning, mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, private terrace or verandah. Sorry I can't answer specifics on interconnecting rooms.....maybe email the hotel if others can't answer that for you. Sorry no separate email address seems available, only a contact box on their website....so go to;

http://besakih.com/

I am sure your son will find lots on television he will love in Bali.

As for good deals, shop around on the internet sites for the best rates for the hotel of your choice (or compare a couple of hotels) and make sure you also compare direct with the hotel.

I hope all goes well for you and you have a great holiday.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: besakih television stations

I can't answer your specific question regarding the TV channels that this property has available. This can vary greatly from one hotel to another. Just because their web site says they have satellite TV doesn't mean they will have heaps of channels or more importantly, english speaking channels, which is what you will be after, I think. We have stayed in places that only had 1 or 2 and others have had up to about 10, it just depends which ones that hotel subsribes to and I guess this is determined by their guest demographics.

It would be worth dropping the hotel an email. Explain your situation with your son and ask what and how many english speaking TV channels they offer. You can then judge if these channels would be of interest to your son.

If he isn't too particular and will watch just for the sake of watching, he may well find the Indonesian Soap Operas amusing. I know I do and I can't understand a word, LOL

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,251 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: besakih television stations

Also look at hiring (if they don't have one) a dvd player and grab some movies for your son, if he loves watching them.

australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: besakih television stations

We stayed at Besakih in September and I cant remember the TV channels being all that great, the only ones I can remember was the internationl news channels.....however I could be wrong but I do remember laying late one night desperate for something to watch and there was not much choice.

i second the idea of hiring a DVD player to go with some cheap dvds you can purchase everywhere.

Have a great trip we are back there again in 3 weeks :)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
816 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: besakih television stations

I have found that Qantas Holidays has about the best deals for Besakih - they have a stay 7 pay 5 deal incl breafast that is $470 per room per 7 days in a standard hotel room which is what we have booked and then I emailed the hotel and asked for ground floor rooms next to each other which they have replied they will do. It is a lovely hotel, great location and staff are terrific.

I agree that a dvd player is a great idea and you can buy one very cheaply at Hardy's dept store in Sanur.

Doesn't you son like the pool or beach? I am sure he will love it. Take him for a ride in one of the boats out over the reef - lovely trip.

western australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: besakih television stations

Thanks for all the information, we have a portable DVD player that I thought I would bring with us, so I'm sure he will survive. Glad to hear good reports about the Besakih. are the bathrooms really that bad? I will check the qantas deal, sounds great and email the hotel about connecting rooms. is http://besakih.com/ the email address you used?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,251 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: besakih television stations

Yes, they they have a contact us box contained within their website.

8. Re: besakih television stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 07:16