We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation in Sanur part 2

campbelltown
Level Contributor
208 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
accommodation in Sanur part 2

It looks like we have narrowed things down to the Hyatt or Segara (expensive) or middle range, Hotel Sanur ,Mecure, Griya Santriam, Griya Puri or Wakamaya . These have very mixed reviews, but are more in our price range as we are staying from the 26th Dec. Our other accommodation this trip is more guest house, so would like more facilities this stay.

Keep going from one to the other. Does anyone think it is worth the extra $1000 to stay at Hyatt or Segara, or would the others be ok. The Griya"s and Wakamaya especially have quite mixed reviews.

Any help gratefully received, so I can get off this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pearl Beach...
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation in Sanur part 2

It is hard to advise you without knowing what your needs and situation are in regard to accommodation. The Hyatt always gets great reviews on this forum and so does the Segara as a family place to stay. The Wakamaya looks fantastic on the website but it is in a very remote part of Sanur and unless you were looking for a quiet romantic spot, I wouldn't really recommend it. I have friends staying at the Mercure Hotel at the moment and they are saying that it's great. They got a very good price through being members of Accor. So - in a nutshell: more information needed

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,581 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation in Sanur part 2

Hi bluesky014

Why would anyone want to get off this site??????????

Cheers

campbelltown
Level Contributor
208 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation in Sanur part 2

need to get off this site as for the last week it is all I have done! However will probably be straight back on looking at other details for our trip. i love trip advisor.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,703 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation in Sanur part 2

My not so glowing report of Waka Maya, would have been one of those you read. For the money, Waka does not deliver and as jobali has said, it is tucked away in the suburbs and you are reliant on transport and/or a long walk to eat elsewhere or just have a change of scenery.

The photos were taken a long time ago and as I said in my review, it's all very tired looking now.

It depends on how important your hotel accommodation is to you. Some travellers spend so little time in their hotel, they really are just looking for a clean room with a decent bathroom. If you do spend quite a lot of time in your hotel room, then if you can afford the extra dollars for a better hotel, where the reviews are good, then go for somewhere like the Hyatt or Segara.

Best wishes.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation in Sanur part 2

For what it's worth, my pick of the cheaper options would be the Mercure. We stayed there a few times a few years back and loved it. I also love that southern area of Sanur where it is situated, but it's still really easy to get around the rest of Sanur from there.

campbelltown
Level Contributor
208 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation in Sanur part 2

thanks for the feedback. The hotel is quite important for this part of the trip as we will spend quite a lot of the time relaxing around the pool, walking along beach path, eating at little beach restuarants etc. so at the moment looks like between Sanur Beach, Mecure, Segara and Hyatt. The Mecure and Sanur hotel are about a $1000 cheaper than Segara and Hyatt, and am just not sure if it will be money well spent for better surroundings etc, or whether we will find the Mecure and Sanur just as good.

Thanks again for any suggestions, they are all very helpful.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation in Sanur part 2

If it helps any, the Sanur Beach is more of a western style, multi storey hotel while the Mercure is more traditional Balinese in style.

But the Sanur Beach has beautiful grounds and the pools are in my opinion nicer than the Mercure.

But, I prefer the beach at the Mercure in that it has a large shaded area between the hotel grounds and the sand (with loungers and hammocks between the trees) where as the Sanur Beach is manicured lawns right up to the sand.

There is also a lot of large tour groups who stay at the Sanur Beach en masse. This is something that some people try to avoid in my experience.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accommodation in Sanur part 2

I've stayed at Griya Santrian & really enjoyed my stay there. It''s in a good position in central Sanur so you can either choose to walk north or south as you leave the hotel. The restaurant overlooks the pool & the beach & the food was good. I stayed in a standard garden room which had been refurbished, it was spacious with plenty of storage space. There are 3 pools, one beachside & 2 others in the garden room areas. There's a review on my profile page if you want to take a look.

9. Re: accommodation in Sanur part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sanur