We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanur or Nusa Dua

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sanur or Nusa Dua

Hi All

Thanks to all those who helped me decide between Bali and Langkawi, Bali won. Now struggling to decide between LagunaNusa Dua or Hyatt Sanur. Must have nice pools, beach etc. Or could do a week at each, depends on your much appreciated recommendations.

regards

Jaz Gill

original post below;

We're a family of 2 adults, 3 children aged under 10 years old, and having trouble deciding between Langkawi and Bali. Looking for the usual combination of good food(local restaurants), nice beaches and a combination of rest /recuperation and activities for the children to enjoy. Resort wise, considering the Westin in Langkawi and the Laguna Resort in Nusa Dua.(unless anyone can suggest something more suitable). We're looking for something comparable to Le Meridien in Khao Lak, Thailand where we stayed for three weeks last Xmas and had a pleasant holiday. Please could you help us make a decision as to which would be a more suitable destination

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanur or Nusa Dua

Do a week at each if that is a possibility. It will give you 2 very different, but good perspectives. Nusa Dua is a purpose built tourist enclave and locals can't even enter unless they have a purpose for being there. But the resorts, gardens and beaches are nice. It is more expensive and restaurants and shopping aren't right on your doorstep.

Sanur, more of a local community feel. Restaurants everywhere in walking distance and shopping. Cheaper than Nusa Dua.

If you do decide on spending the whole time at the Hyatt in Sanur, you will get free access to the Hyatt Shuttle bus which will take you to the grand Hyatt in Nusa Dua where you can use all their faciilities and charge it to your room in Sanur.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,657 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanur or Nusa Dua

I agree with Whinnie a week in each would be better,however i could do with less than a week in Nusa Dua as it is a purpose built compound and eating,drinking and shopping are far to expensive.

And nothing to see in Nusa Dua other than the neighbouring resorts.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanur or Nusa Dua

A week at each is best bet. Do Sanur first, do Nusa Dua last. Both places are great. Bali Hyatt in Sanur is great. I think all the hotels in Nusa Dua have access to the beach. Great two places.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanur or Nusa Dua

I would spend 10 nights at the Hyatt Sanur and finish up with 4 nights at Nusa Dua.

How old are your children? I know this is nothing to do with the areas you are looking at, but I just booked this hotel and my children are beside themselves with excitement, my daughter keeps on watching all the you tube links.

Taro Elephant Safari Lodge http://www.elephantsafariparklodge.com/ it's not far from Ubud.

I guess it depends on the age of your children, but if you stay here you get to wash the elephants and go to dinner by elephant, as well as other fun elephanty things :)

5. Re: Sanur or Nusa Dua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 08:15