We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why Sanur??

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Why Sanur??

Hi, I am hoping to get some help in making a decision, we are coming to Bali in March next year, 2 couples and 2 kids Last time we visited we stayed in Legian, we liked the ease of finding restaurants etc but it was a bit busy so is Sanur for us?? Why do you choose Sanur?

Thanks for your time

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why Sanur??

I like Sanur because it is quiet and not too busy! Still found restaurants and supermarket and mini-marts were easily accessible! With the peace and quietness, it still feels like you can have a little bit of Bali to yourself.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why Sanur??

Hi,

We went to Sanur several times, and will go again next year, because of:

- Cosy beach with beautiful path to walk/cycle along the beach

- Enough choice to find a restaurant in all price-ranges, idem for shops

- Easy to reach from the airport, so very good for the start or end of your holiday

- A lot of places (like Ubud, Candidasa, Amed, but also the south) can be easily reached from Sanur

- Not too crowded like Kuta

I'm sure other DE's can mention a lot of other reasons!

Have a nice trip,

Regards,

Sylvia

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why Sanur??

There is a really nice video on youtube of Sanur and it's beautiful beachside path if you want to have a look ...if you search BALI INDONESIE 1 you should find it by mpcvoyages..it really makes you want to be there!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,453 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why Sanur??

I choose Sanur because it's relaxed, chilled out, and because it's such a large, long resort it never feels that busy. There are some excellent restaurants there, including some right on the beach, something lacking in Legian. The beach is nice, it's never overly busy or crowded, and it's nice golden sand.

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why Sanur??

We still like Legian too but the things we liked about Sanur for our family were the fact that we could eat at restaurants with our feet in the sand, stroll along the beachfront path, walk or easily catch a taxi to restaurants and it was just a bit quieter and more relaxed. Once you get your bearings you won't want to leave. Its also a good base for day trips like exploring the east coast, visiting Ubud, the zoo or the Marine and Safari Park.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why Sanur??

All of the above reasons plus the traffic is still managable there. You don't have to take your life into your hands just to cross the road. And you don't have to battle the traffic to get out to other areas of Bali, it's an easy base to got to and from. The traffic and the traffic noise make it impossible for me to enjoy Kuta/Legian/Seminyak, I'm afraid.

To me, reading people's reactions to Sanur when they stay there for the first time (after having stayed in Kuta/Legian before) the trend seems to be that people are enjoying almost going back in time to when the other areas weren't quite so busy or hectic.

We also like the fact that there are still lots of locals living in Sanur, you just have to go for a walk off the main tourist roads and into the gangs and you will see family compounds and life going on, particularly in the south of Sanur.

West Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why Sanur??

Wow, thank you, i think we will give it a try......now where to stay?? any suggestions? somewhere close to the beach and not too large!

Thanks again

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why Sanur??

What's your budget per night?

West Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why Sanur??

Upto $200 a night, ideally would like a great pool for the kids and a good relaxing space for us grown ups!

Thanks

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why Sanur??

Take a look at the bali hyatt, beautiful beach front hawker free, great kids club. there is 50% discount for a second room for kids. kids clubs are not easy to come by in Sanur. Hyatt is the best choice. for other hotels look at besakih hotel, great pools overlooking the beach, more budget accommodation but popular with families. Also look at griya santrian, puri santrian and mercure. these are all beach front. for even cheaper options look at puri sading, sativa cottages just to get you started.