We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
392 posts
740 reviews
Save Topic
taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

hi team,

we need to get from sanur to airport - is it best to use meter or pre negotiate a rate? approx what should we be paying pls? also what is the current departure tax from international airport?

thanks

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,737 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

Hi team - I would get a meter taxi, expect to pay roughly 80000Rp.

Departure tax is 150000Rp per person, payable in rupiah only. After check in, go upstairs and hand over your money, passport and boarding pass at the first counter you come to. You get a sticker put onto the boarding pass. This will be taken off when you enter the departure gate.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
921 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

i always put my 150k departure tax in my passport as soon as i change my first

lot of money,then keep in room safe so don't have to worry about changing any more money on the last day.

Nrth NSW
Level Contributor
147 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

Is th dept tax the same or half for kids under 12 ?

thanks !

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,737 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

Same as the Visa, Departure Tax is the same cost if you're an adult, teen, child, or baby.

Ch-ching.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

i paid full price for 7 year old daughter

the depature tax applys to all people leaving bali on international flights includes indonesians as well

Nrth NSW
Level Contributor
147 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

Thanks ! Well better budget that extra $100 to get in and $60 to get out ! One of the only places that have a visa fee and a local dept tax ! On top of the taxes already paid , lucky I got cheap tickets lol

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
392 posts
740 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

thanks noodle - info spot on again. Yes Suzy - it all adds up - visa (and the renewal visa for us was more expensive than the initial (plus the transport costs to do it!!) we actually were going to go elsewere in asia for our 2 month lay about :) but the weather wasnt good enough BUT not we are off to Argentina and they are charging us $100 "recipriocity fee" ?? haha - oh well its the costs of travel). Thanks again to all who have helped on this forum, we have had a great a trip and will add some reviews over the coming week - 1st tip go to Warung Sunshine in Sanur just north and opposite the bali hyatt for cheap great local food from Yuni, 2nd tip on Gili Air eat at Warung Campur for a similarly fantastic experience

Perth
Level Contributor
469 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

We have not had to pay departure tax for our daughter, both times she has been under 2 years and travelling as an infant (ie no ticket and no seat allocation). We did however always have to money on us just incase! We will now have to pay as she is over 2 and travelling on her own ticket. Visa has had to be paid both times for her.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,737 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

You live and learn - there is an exemption from paying Departure Tax for "Children under 2 years, provided not occupying a seat in the aircraft."

Cheers eggum.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi sanur to airport / departure tax

Yes, that's right no departure tax for kids under 2 years of age. But if a dishonest immigration official starts to ask for half, stand your ground. I have heard of this happening in the past, but if you know the rules, they can't rip you off.

No exemptions from the VOA though.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur