We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“ Respati vs Besakih ”

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
451 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
“ Respati vs Besakih ”

Hi All,

Myself and Mrs ChewyOz are off to Sanur in February and are trying to make up our minds where to stay. We are looking at the Respati or the Besakih because of the great location. We are willing to spend asround the $110 pn mark, but what we don't want is to be stuffed into a small room with no facilities in a back corner of the hotel.

Has anyone stayed at both and if so what are the pros and cons? Is there a particular room to ask for? Is it best to book through the hotel or an agent?

All advice will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

ChewyOz

Report inappropriate content

Save this Post

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
489 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: “ Respati vs Besakih ”

Can't help you with the Besakih (staying there in Feb)but did stay at the Respati about 5yrs ago yrs .It was fine,very centrally located .The restaurant is very close to the boardwalk with the pool behind.

I stayed in one of the cheaper garden rooms and liked it alot.Very private,good air con,reasonable mini bar

The more expensive rooms are closer to the back of the property and kinda have a view.However everyone walking down the path towards the restaurant/beach/pool area can look right into the rooms.For that reason I would choose the garden rooms

When I was booking for my trip I did consider them but decided on the Besakih because it was something different

hth

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
451 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: “ Respati vs Besakih ”

Thanks for that, it gives us something to think about for our trip.

Cheers Peter

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: “ Respati vs Besakih ”

We are booked in to Besakih in March for 5 nights and have booked thru Qantas Holidays - price for 3 people in the room incl. breakfast was $460 for the 5 nights. Qantas has pay/stay deals so worth a look - hotel direct is dearer. Cheers, Karen

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: “ Respati vs Besakih ”

Have only stayed at the Besakih. Really enjoyed our 10 nights. Great location and close to restaurants etc. Had a 1 bedroom bungalow. Very nice.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
578 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: “ Respati vs Besakih ”

The GRIYA next to the Besakih is my pick by a country mile 40 aussie $ more a night but well worth the up grade Enjoy the holiday

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
451 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: “ Respati vs Besakih ”

Thanks Everyone, now to think about it all!

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
451 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: “ Respati vs Besakih ”

Just an update to everyone, I have just booked a deluxe double at the Respati, so will let you all know how it goes. Thanks for all the input, it is much appreciated. Peter

Perth
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: “ Respati vs Besakih ”

We stayed at Respati in May & just got back from staying at the Besakih last week. We have also stayed at each of these previously. Respati has nicer, larger rooms & bungalow's. Both Resorts are brilliantly located. Besakih has a nicer, larger, shadier beach front. Respati's pool is smaller than the Besakih but very quiet compared to the Besakih. Most guest's at Respati tend to lie on the beach. Both have similar & sufficient brekky's however Respati usually has a small buffet style that we prefer. We have also stayed at Griya & Puri Santrian but prefer Respati & Besakih as they are nearly 50% cheaper (if booking at qantas.com.au). Respati is also a smaller resort compared to the Besakih and has no "chair hogs" (we found many guests at Besakih place their towels on the seats around the pool very early in the morning to reserve the seat so noone else can use ... very frustrating) Neither has a pool bar but the restaurant for each is beside the pool on the beach front so very east to order drinks while having a swim. Both Resorts are great & I am sure you will really enjoy staying at the Respati. We enjoy staying at both and will stay at both again.

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
451 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: “ Respati vs Besakih ”

Thanks for the great info WLS :)

Have you any suggestions on places to eat, shop, get massages etc that are within easy walking distance of the Respati ? We've only had day visits to Sanur in the past and love to eat at Bonsai but don't know much beyond that. Have seen mention of markets, Tootsies fixed price shop and Hardy's - are these close by?

We are definitely now on countdown and can't wait for Feb to come around.

Cheers

PK

Edited: 19 November 2011, 21:50
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: “ Respati vs Besakih ”

There are many restaurants/markets within a 10 min. walk from the Respati. Hardys is 10/15 min walk away. The position of the hotel is for me the best.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations