We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

Please share your experiences of either staying in North Sanur or South Sanur. What was walking distance from your accommodation? What did you need to catch a taxi to get to?

Looking at accommodation and unsure what end of Sanur to stay at. We are travelling as a couple, will be there for 2 nights and its our first time. We would like to do a bit of shopping, spa treatments and relaxing. Thanks :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

Bump

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

I've never stayed in South Sanur and have barely even ventured down there at all so can't really give informed advice, I can only tell you what I like about the area we stay in.

We like the Griya, Besakih, Puri Sading area best but that's probably just because it's what we know and our favorite hotels are here. We like that area of the beach (for market shopping and restaurants - we dont swim at the beach) we like being fairly close to hardy's for supplies and all our favourite restaurants are there.

We hardly ever take a taxi anywhere within Sanur as can walk to everything. The only restaurants that we would visit that are a taxi ride away are gateway of india, charming and warung blanjong (havent tried either of these last two but plan to next trip)

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,694 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

Have never stayed in the south, but have been there many times. I would'nt have a problem staying there, but I do prefer the north, for no particular reason.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

I"ve stayed at both and if someone had have told me 6 months ago that I would prefer to be more north, I would have said they were mad, lol. We loved (and still do) the south.

But we stayed near the Griya Santrian (which is actually mid Sanur) in September and it was great. We were walking distance to almost everything. Early one morning we did the walk to the very south on the beach path and it only took an hour. So I would say for a first stay base yourself around the Griya or the Besakih.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

Like the South better, generally because of the villas I stay at and a little bit quieter (I think). The walk is generally an hour from North to South along the promenarde, even better in the morning when cooler, and you can have lots of stops, drinks, markets etc.,

My own view is that it is where you stay that will make your decision which is the better end. Staying mid way is sensible.

Hope you love Sanur like many other TA members do.

Cheers

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,645 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

I've stayed in both north and south Sanur, and they both have positives.

I personally prefer north Sanur; I love the restaurants there on the main road, and there are a really nice selection on the beach too. There's the Lazer Sports Bar for a bit of life and live music until the small hours. Hardys Dept store is close-by. There seems to be a little more life in north Sanur.

However, south Sanur does have a nicer stretch of beach IMHO, and there are some nice hotels there.

Inevitably if I'm staying down south, I make the best of the restaurants and bars down there, but once or twice will get a bemo or taxi up to north Sanur to seek out some favourite haunts.

nsw australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

I agree there are good places in north sanur and south sanur I have stayed at both and with good places to eat inside and outside the resorts

good luck and enjoy

nsw australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

we have stayed in the north and south of sanur both are great and have good places to eat out on the road and beach good luck regards serv54

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

We have stayed south at Puri Santrian and Sanur Beach Villas and central at Parigata Resort and Spa. We love both but a slight edge to central. A short walk to Hardy's supermarket and you could choose north or south for eating out. In our opinion the best of both worlds. It will be a difficult choice when we go back again.

Where ever you stay Sanur is very accessible - enjoy

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
261 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stay in South Sanur or North Sanur?

Hello again familyQld, Totally agree with Whinnie around Besakih & Griya area is the best area for sure, which is more north. Great restaurants and not too far from Hardy's. I really did not like the feel of the south end. Thats probably why im doing my head in with finding accom cause i want it right in that area. Good luck :)

Get answers to your questions about Sanur