We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hardys Sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hardys Sanur

Hi all

Have been to Bali 10 times but next trip in May have decided to try Sanur as a result of so many positive Tripadvisor comments.

( staying at Besakih )

Can you please tell me if Hardys is more like Bintang supermarket or maybe Carrefours?

Thanks!

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
457 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hardys Sanur

We visited Hardy's for first time in February. It's a good 10/15 minute walk from the Besikih (turn left from street entrance of hotel, cross the road and keep walking you can't miss it).

Now for what it's like. It's about a three story building with a supermarket on the ground floor surrounded by various stalls and then a couple of floors selling clothes, souveniers, etc. For me it's a cross between the Carefour and Bintang but probably more of the Bintang vintage - older looking layout.

Cheers

PK

Edited: 25 February 2012, 22:26
perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hardys Sanur

I agree, more like Bintang supermarket. You can get your groceries on the ground floor and there is a DVD shop, a book shop and other stalls on entry and then upstairs there are clothing, shoes, jewelery, crockery etc. It is not as big or have the variety of Carefour but still fun to look around.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,881 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hardys Sanur

it is much much smaller than Carefour. It is one building with the supermarket on the ground floor with some smaller stores in front ie periplus book store, massage, restaurant, DVD shop, sort of 'chemist' and a few other clothing options with Hardy's 'specials' in the middle. The upper levels are art, craft, clothing, jewellery, and a small kids zone on the top level. There is now a lift to use which is far safer than the slippery tiles on the stairs.

Overall it is larger than bintang and has a bigger selection.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,319 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hardys Sanur

Just thought I'd mention that Traveltom & I have been to the salon which is just inside the front door to the complex on the right hand side. It's called Angel's Salon.

We think they do a terrific job and the prices seem to be a very great deal cheaper than similar places in Kuta. For example, Traveltom had a 1 hour aroma therapy massage (which he said was fantastic), a manicure and pedicure and the total bill was 185,000.

Perth
Level Contributor
508 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hardys Sanur

The supermarket (ground floor) is like Bintang but not as good. However, they were doing renovations when I was there late last year. The airconditioner also doesn't work well so I'd go in the morning as it can get quite stuffy there later in the day.

You can find nearly everything you can find at Bintang's but you may have to look a bit as the aisles can be disorganised.

Only the register staff speak good English so ask them for assistance rather than the floor staff.

The upper floors sell nick nacks (touristy stuff) and can be worth a visit if you can't be bothered haggling at the markets for the same stuff. Having said that the shop assistants can be anoying as hawkers and with no airconditioners upstairs (only a fan) those floors are best left alone if you're a less hardy soul.

There's a decent size carpark, but no taxi rank, so you'll have to get one out on the street. There's also a great currency exchange across the road and to the left a bit (Legian Bank), next to Circle K.

If you need a large shop of Groceries I'd catch a taxi ($3) to Lotte Mart (formerly Makro's) 2 or 3 kilometres outside Sanur on the road to the airport. There things are much cheaper, especially alcohol, tobacco and water. This is where the locals do their grocery shopping.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hardys Sanur

Thanks everyone. As usual the Bali forumites are a fund of information! Looking forward to Sanur, although I must admit I am having four days in Legian first to visit my favourite restaurants and shops.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hardys Sanur

I have always found Hardys to be great, particulary the upstairs area if you want to just browse the Bali artifacts - and most of the time you are left alone - everything has a price tag - so no bargaining - if you are not into the in your face ness of the markets etc - this is a great option

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hardys Sanur

Hardys is great except for the lack of air conditioning.. boy does it get hot in there! Still you will find everything that you could want there, its great for browsing if you can stand the heat.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hardys Sanur

I shop in Hardys ever other day (I Live in Sanur) and, although it is a little warm inside, it DOES have a/c!

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hardys Sanur

Hi,

Do they stock beach toys for kids here? I am thinking of things like buckets and spades for on the beach, swimming noodles etc.? If not, any ideas of where to get these things close to Sanur?

Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Sanur