We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
278 reviews
Save Topic
first time to sanur

I know Bali is to Australians as Mexican resorts are to Canadians so bear with me on this.

I have booked for October at Sanur Beach Hotel. I am coming via Hong Kong . I will have transportation included. My question pertains to currency mostly. I think I might start off exchanging from USD. As soon as I can access an atm I will. I am not sure if the bus or whatever they use at the airport will expect a tip .

Where is the nearest atm to the Sanur Beach hotel?

I have the next day to get use to the jet lag then I will be truamatized by my 60 birthday. Just trying to get some ideas before I go

Kuta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to sanur

There is Commonwealth ATM is about 10 meters away from the Entrance of Sanur beach hotel to the right, walk out from the hotel entrance and the ATM is on your right side, it is at front side of a restaurant. Walking farther to the right about 150 meters there is another BCA ATM at the corner near round about.

Mostly drivers will expect a tip but it is all up to you, would be no problem if don't. If you would then a dollar tip will be enough.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,177 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to sanur

Hi cactus and welcome to the Bali forum. I do love the use of pertain :)

Onto business. There are actually about 3 or 4 ATMs at the luggage belt in the airport, so while you're waiting for your bags it's easy enough to make a withdrawal there.

In Sanur, the Sanur Beach Hotel is near the Puri Santrian, there is an ATM just near there on the main road. There are also a couple of money changers in this area too. Remember the golden rules about money changers; know what to expect back, and stand and count your money before leaving the counter.

Remember that 60 is only 15.5 in Celsius.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to sanur

thanks folks. will try for the atm at the airport first. Don't know about moneychangers there, only ones I have ever used were called coyotes in Nicaragua. They were honest and got to be quite familiar, one of them wore a Team Canada hockey cap :-)

Hope I am not the only non Aussie around lol

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to sanur

Hi Cactus,

This pertains to ATMs (Thats for you Noodles :>))))

With ATMs,the card comes out after the money in Bali so be aware not to leave without your card.

Cheers Mac

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to sanur

The Commonwealth ATM described above has been recently hit by a skimming machine, so be very careful using this one. In fact, be careful with all of them.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time to sanur

thanks for the input

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,177 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time to sanur

And you are not the only non-Aussie on this forum, all are welcome. Do not be surprised though if you start picking up the Aussie vernacular, and start using the words "heaps", "no worries", and "mate", with possibly a rising inflection?

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time to sanur

no worries has become quite common everywhere, got to watch the mate part in N america but not sure what heaps is. I have been to Australia twice and NZ once. However please don't export that vegemite stuff

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first time to sanur

My wife has already put a tube of Vegemite in our case for our trip in April.

You could probably open a shop in Kuta that only sells Vegemite to Aussies & do OK.

Cheers Mac

Perth
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first time to sanur

Oh i just love my vegemite. Rarely a day goes past that I don't partake of vegemite on toast or a sandwich. I did notice when I stayed at the Kusnadi that they have vegemite on the breakfast table. Now that made for one "happy little vegemite". Got to be the best australian invention ever :)

Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations