We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thanks ta members

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
thanks ta members

I just got back yesterday via Hong Kong. I want to thank members for info re restaurants in Sanur. Got a bit turned around my first night but after that I got it. Even had goat at the Warung on the corner. Balinese people are so friendly but I was disappointed there were not more Aussies at the hotel. Mostly very rude Europeans no smile just look at you like you did not belong there. Guess I would not got back to that hotel, maybe a boutique one might be better. Sorry not used to such an unfriendly crowd.

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thanks ta members

Hi there Cactus52 what hotel did you stay at? did you travel alone,couple or a group? I care more about the Balinese being friendly than the people in the hotels being unfriendly, I have heard that some hotel patrons in Sanur do tent to be as you said, I guess with some people it takes a lot to make them happy either that or they are just miserable people anyway, Glad you liked Bali anyway

cheers john

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
527 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thanks ta members

Thats no good Cactus, im glad you still enjoyed Bali despite the other guests at your hotel. Heres a fun fact for you, I have been told more than a few times by the Balinese that they can tell if a tourist is an Aussie straight away before they even speak because they SMILE. I thought that was nice :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thanks ta members

Yes, what hotel did you stay at? That was one thing that turned me off the larger resort hotels. We now only stay at smaller places and find it very easy to make friends with the other guests. Every trip we meet at least 1 or 2 that we keep in contact with afterwards.

I'm so glad you tried to the goat, lol. Did you like it?

Edit: just looked at your posting history and you stayed at the Sanur Beach Hotel. Now I understand! Next time definitely try a small boutique hotel, you will love it.

Edited: 18 October 2012, 23:57
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,960 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thanks ta members

Hi Cactus,

I hope you enjoyed the holiday apart from the crowd at your Resort,

Cheers Mac

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: thanks ta members

Cryovac it and you wont have any issues.

Fremantle
Level Contributor
135 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thanks ta members

Chickchilli, love it. I understand why people would want bacon brought over. I agree with the comments about smaller hotels.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thanks ta members

What are you going to Cryovac CC??...

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thanks ta members

Has this thread somehow got muddled up with the Bacon enquiry at tripadvisor.com/…44524197

And Cryovacing, freezing, wrapping in newspaper (or similar) then stashing in the core of your luggage is a very good idea for bacon or anything similar that you want to carry on a long trip.

I am glad I saw that bacon enquiry elsewhere on the forums today, otherwise I might have though it referred to giving a few distracted Euro tourists a bit of a wrap up with a Cryovac process.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thanks ta members

I was wondering what was going on with the bacon crossover discussion. Thought someone was bacon up the wrong tree ! ( sorry , bad and unfunny joke designed to amuse myself )

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,363 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thanks ta members

Hahahahahahaahah!