We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

Hello all,

I am booked to stay at Alum Kul Kul in Legian for 6 nights. We had booked here as it was the most suitable to our needs at the time.

We can now be more flexible and I am thinking of splitting our trip into 3 nights Kuta, 3 nights Sanur.

I am 80% set on Febris for the Kuta stint as it is well priced and will leave more of our nudget for a nice place in Sanur...hopefully.

I have never been to Sanur before but from what I have read it is a bit more laid back.

I would love some advice on a great place to stay in Sanur.

Would love to have direct beach access and close to shops/restaurants.

There also needs to be a room that accomodates 3 people (1 adult, 2 children)

Budget is about $150-$200 per night.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am open to other areas if you can think of somewhere that meets the rest of the criteria.

Cheers,

Kylie

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

There are so many great hotels right on the beach in Sanur and also heaps of restaurants. For accommodation, I think griya santrian might suit. It's in a great location, it's beach front and have street access so you can easily choose restaurants from either side. I think it fits your budget and from what I've read on here it has interconnecting rooms if needed. The standard price doesn't include breakfast but is cheap to pay for a buffet when you're there or even cheaper to choose from one of the cafes/restaurants near by

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

Thanks for the reply Anna,

As the children that are travelling are still young they will need to share a room. Interconnecting will not work. Do you know if any of the rooms at Griya can accomodate 3? I have looked on their website but it really doesn't tell you alot about the rooms.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,643 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

Give the Hyatt a go,their prices are very good and yes 3 can fit in a room with a rollaway.

It is a brilliant resort for families.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
540 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

We stayed at Puri santrian and that was amazing! Beach front, amazing gardens, great pools and Our son was on a rollaway. We have also stayed at Febris which is great for the price. It would be best to stay at Febris first though as if you went there after the luxury of Puri Santrian or the like you may be disappointed.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
540 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

By the way we stayed at Alam Kul Kul this year and whilst we love the location we were disappointed. It's quite run down in the pool area and you don't feel like hanging around there relaxing. Rooms are clean and tidy though. Febris has a much nicer feel to it and is also close to everything.

Perth
Level Contributor
505 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

I think the Puri is better than Griya but the Griya is in a better location than Puri and the Hyatt.

That's my opinion because I prefer the northern beach end of Sanur and prefer access to the main strip/shops, resteraunts, spas and so on to be within walking distance.

Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

I've booked griya santrian online and most of their rooms can have 3 guests (not the deluxe)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
608 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

The rooms at the Griya will easily accomadate 3,the garden winng are cheaper,but the beach wing are bigger. I think you would enjoy it here,but cant comment on budget as it varies according to time of year.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

Hmm, was starting to get set on Hyatt but am swinging round to Griya if the location is much better. Prices are similar for the two so that is not an issue. Which one is best for kids?

Perth
Level Contributor
505 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changing accomodation from Legian to Sanur

For the kids I'd say Hyatt, especially if you intend hanging around the hotel grounds a lot.

Because I like swimming in the ocean I prefer where Griya is located.

The main strip in Sanur (best restaurants) are usually around Hardy's Supermarket.

This is a short walk from Griya, a few minutes.

From the Hyatt you'd be looking at a 15 minute walk or 10 if you're quick. However, for a $2 cab fare you're in the thick of it.

There are two taxi-ranks out front of the Hyatt.

There are also shops, restaurants and markets (art) to the south of the Hyatt.

However, this isn't my favourite end of Sanur.

Each to their own.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur