We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant rides- best place?

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Elephant rides- best place?

Hi all, will be in Bali shortly and we would like to spend time with and ride an elephant. Now I have done a bit of research but would like to know others opinions on the best place to go- either at Bali Zoo or at Taro Elephant Park?

Which place do you consider to give you the best experience in regard to price, time spent with the elephants, and overall quality?

Also, where is the best place to book - one of the booths in Sanur or direct?

Thanks in advance!

melbourne,australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephant rides- best place?

Hi, I've just returned home from Bali, and I went to the Safari & Marine Park. I payed $85US for my package which included: Entry, one free photo, 30min elephant ride and a free straw safari hat. The park is really clean, you can also get your photo taken with a few animals for either $5US or $10US. If you are looking to have lunch as well, that is included in the Rhyno package. If you have a driver, they can always get you a package cheaper than buying direct.

Yarrawonga...
Level Contributor
492 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elephant rides- best place?

I have been to both parks and I must say I enjoyed the Elephant park in Taro more. The park is really well designed and you just follow the paths around to where you want to go. We all enjoyed the elephant ride as well as getting up close to some baby elephants. The food Elephant Park in Taro was 100% compared to the Safari park food which was cold and not much to choose from on the cheaper tickets.

Highly recommend Elephant Park in Taro.

Mandie_8

Sydney
Level Contributor
447 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephant rides- best place?

Whilst staying at Ubud we did the night safari package at the Taro Elephant Park. It was a wonderful experience visiting the park after hours. From memory we arrived around 5pm. We were made to feel very special, with a personal tour of the elephant park, wonderful 4 course dinner under the stars, elephant show and ride. The ride was around 15-20minutes along a torch lit path. Very memorable experience.... Our driver who we used to transport us from Legian to our accommodation in Ubud organised the tickets on the way to Ubud and it was around $100 per person all inclusive. Would highly recommend for a special night.

Adelaide S.A.
Level Contributor
935 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elephant rides- best place?

Have to agree with the Elephant park at Taro for a special experience, day or night...you could even include a white water rafting, or bicycle tour with this experience. The Bali adventure park offers an interesting fun day out as well , but elephant encounters is not their specialty (in my opinion so I would do both places) Bali adventure park has the Agung Show which is well worth seeing.

Sydney
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elephant rides- best place?

My hubby and I did the park at Taro 2 years ago and loved it too ... I put a post about it on my blog at the time if it helps ... it's at www.balioffering.wordpress.com

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elephant rides- best place?

Thanks to all who replied! Cloud street, just read your blog - really interesting.

Where's the best place to book Taro? Should I book through their website or make enquiries through the villa we are staying at in Sanur?

Canberra
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Elephant rides- best place?

Thank you for the link to your blog Cloudstreet, really enjoyed reading it. We are going to Bali for the first time and found it helpful.

Sydney
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elephant rides- best place?

Thanks Ibutracey and kandp, I'm glad it helped you :-)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
18 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Elephant rides- best place?

we book all our packages through Bali Excursion on Facebook. Always reliable and often cheaper than anywhere else..

Also check out swimming with the dolphins.

https://www.facebook.com/bali.excursion…

10. Re: Elephant rides- best place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 07:17