We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

Hi all,

Planning a quick child free getaway in October with the hubby for 5 days, the excitement is driving me crazy I think!

We have decided to try Sanur after a busy trip staying in Tuban earlier in the year.

I like the look of the above mention resorts but have no concept of location... Could anyone help?

Are these resorts isolated? Walking distance to good food / massages / shopping ect?

Could you recommend anywhere else? Budget is around $100 -$120 per night, we seem to like the bigger resorts.

Thanks in advance,

stepha84

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

Sanur beach hotel and Mecure are basically next to each other. They are at the southern end of Sanur. There are quite a few nice restaurants near by, either along the beach or just behind. You can easily get a cab ride to the northern end. A lot of the more well known restaurants are in that area. Some of our favourites down south were kesumas, sky blue bbg, stadium bar and a couple of others along the beach.

We stayed at the Sanur beach Hotel in December. Personally, it wasn't for me, but we were limited by the need to cater for a large group, all with different requirements.

Positives, it was right on the beach, had great breakfasts and not too pricey.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
425 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

No kids! who cares where you stay... :-)

sydney
Level Contributor
323 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

I just stayed at the mercure for 3 nights got a great deal on wotif. I absolutely loved it and wished it had been longer. Close to everything not far walking either along beach or main road. Great restaurants on beach and main road. In fact I plan on having my 50 th their in nov. Especially when u can get such great rates on wotif lol

Hepburn Springs...
Level Contributor
729 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

Haven't stayed at Sanur Beach hotel but in February we stayed at Mercure

Loved it, make sure you book a delux room , they are updated , very reasonable rates , think we only paid $85 or thereabouts including breakfast

2 gorgeous pools, right on sea front, cute little Art cafe opposite

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

We stayed at the Sanur Beach Hotel in 2011 and have booked again for October this year. The grounds are big and beautiful and the breakfast fantastic. We booked a deluxe garden view room which was fine though our bathroom was rather old fashioned. I also looked at the Mercure for our trip this year as it was a bit cheaper but some of the reviews on here put me off a little although people who have responded to your question seem really positive.

We loved to sit out on our balcony have a drink and watch the squirrels in the trees and the hotels resident duck waddling around. We liked this end of Sanur as it was more relaxing and easy going. Taxis are cheap as and the hotel provides a free shuttle to Hardy's shopping centre. Plenty of great restaurants down this end too.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

We stayed Sanur Beach Hotel last week. Great hotel and excellent staff.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

I've stayed at both and prefer the Mercure if only for the fact that it is better set out in groups of 4 - 6 units rather than long corridors that the rooms open off of. Both hotels have shuttle buses to Hardy's and you can always get a lift on the other hotel's if you miss yours. The southern end has heaps of excellent restaurants/massage places etc and the big wide walkway which runs the length of the beach is great to get some exercise.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

Thank you all so much for all your opinions, experiences and tips. I think I'm pulled towards the Mecure for no reason other than I like the look of the deck chairs and pool. It's a very very important factor considering I plan on spending A LOT of time there ;) happy to hear there is some nice places to eat around there too.

Excited!!!! Now for some sale flights to pop up pronto and I will be set!

stepha84

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

There are even cheaper deals for the Mecure on Agoda

10. Re: Accommodation advice: Mecure Resort vs Sanur Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanur