We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

Hi all! We are staying at Stana Puri Gopa for our first night - just wondering if it is nice and close to any supermarkets/Circle K places? As we want to stock up on some stuff before shipping out to Gili T the next morning. Also wondering what Stana Puri Gopa is like?

Many thanks!

Chelle

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,935 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

You would be better getting a taxi or bemo (only a couple of dollars) up to Hardy's supermarket. Here you will have the best choice. You could always walk if you want to take in the sights and browse through the other shops on the way.

I stayed at this hotel many years ago, it had basic but clean rooms and is only a few minutes walk down to the beach. The pool is small but nice and a lovely balinese style. Once you get to the beach turn right and there is a row of cheap restaurants right on the sand and ladies offering massages.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

That's great advice, thank you so much Snooky!

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

The closest mini market is about 100 metres away straight along Jalan Danau Poso. They have a good range of items.

Of course you will need to wander into the Firestaion for a cold drink on the way back.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

Hehe of course Cempaka!!!! I find myself getting parched quite frequently and often stopping for "refreshments" are very necessary :P

I'ce heard great things about the Fire Station, it's a shame we are only in Sanur for the one afternoon and night, but it's only about 1km from Stana Puri so it will be an easy stroll for dinner after shopping! We will also head to Toot Sie's fixed price further up :)

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

The Firestation is only about 40 metres from Stana Puri Gopa. The food there is very good, the beer is cold and the good point it also quite close to my place.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

Awesome, google maps is telling me 850m so 40m even better! What direction do we walk from Stana Puri Gopa to get to Fire Station?

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

Walk out of the Puri Gopha, turn left. (away from the ocean). There is a monument in the centre of the crossroads. Look straight past the monument and you will see the Firestation sign. It is on Jalan Danau Poso. (Lake Poso Road). It does not open until 4PM.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

Awesome, thanks very much!

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

Send me a PM and I will be happy to meet you there. However keep in mind I have a great love of beer, so this could easily go pear shaped.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Stana Puri Gopa Hotel

Ahahahaha I know the feeling! I'll be with my sister and mother so hopefully they are feeling up to a drink, will PM if we go!

Get answers to your questions about Sanur