We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

little Mountain...
2 posts
Save Topic
Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

Hi, we are planning a holiday to Bali, just hubby & I to celebrate our anniversary.

we have never been to Bali, we have had overseas holidays including NZ & Fiji twice in the past 2 years.

we would love a nice beach front property, with a lovely setting & pool/pools would be very nice but we are open to any suggestions.

it doesn't matter if it's newish or fairly old but we do like clean & maintained property with air con & a few luxuries with that little something special if that's possible within our budget??

our budget is under $200 per night..at this stage we are not sure how long we will stay in Sanur for 3 or 5 nights ( everything is pencilled in) flights booked for March.

Resort or apartment would suit us better then a villa as we like all the service that comes with staying in resorts.

hubby just wants absolute beach front , he doesn't want to be in the back streets

We plan to ride push bikes & get lots of massages please help me out with any recommendations for accommodation, spas & special place to go out for our anniversary dinner, it might save me going around in circles online searching I can't seem to work out one end of Sanur to the other, quite a few sites for accommodation seem to me to be misleading concerning " beach front".

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

You are describing The Griya Santrian, is beachfront in mid Sanur and walking distance to almost everything and has a huge variety of dining options close by.

You could also consider Puri Santrian which is also beachfront but situated further south, so not walking distance to everything. Taxis and bemos are cheap however so this isn't a problem really. Good dining options around here as well.

The other option would Segara Village, also beachfront but further north, so similar to Puri Santrian for everything else.

Tanjung Sari may also be a option but I don't know as much about this one, it's between the Griya Santrian and Segara Village.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
801 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

Have a look at Besakih Beach Resort, next door to Griya Santrian and absolutely fantastic location, pool right on the beach.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,028 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

Hi Tara,

Mrs Mac & I are also a couple of Lovebirds & celebrating our 30th Anniversary. We will be spending our last 7 days in Bali at the Griya Santrian. We're looking forward to doing all the things that you described as well!!

Have a great time,

Cheers Mac

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
591 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

The Griya Santrian Great location ticks all the boxes, just so central to everything we will be there for a week in March for the boss's birthday. Happy Holidays ,good luck with your decision.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,935 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

The griya matches your criteria. So too does Segara. They are in your price range.

In this same area also on the beach but lower in price are Besakih beach resort, inna sindhu, Respati and vila shanti hotel. Well under your $200 a night but worth looking at just the same.

In the southern part of Sanur Puri Santrian, Mercure, Sanur beach hotel. Still plenty of restaurants and shops and a short taxi ride further north to the first group of hotels. Mercure also have a free shuttle bus. Plenty of pushbikes to hire around all of these hotels as well as places for massages.

little Mountain...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

I am slowly getting thru some of the websites everyone above has suggested, There are still a few to look at, I have read approx 8 reviews for each resort to get an idea as well.

Segara looks & sounds like it is a lovely resort, is the pool overlooking the ocean? which room type would be most recommended?

puri & Griya have very mixed reviews (more so Griya) it seems to me that getting the right room there makes or breaks it? club sounds like it's the best way to go if staying at either of them?

thanks everyone for all the information. I am going to look into each recommendation, mr W has been reading thru some of the past posts on Bali TA & noticed the Hyatt is recommended a lot, my dates come up as unavailable seems it is closed!

I am interested in knowing your thoughts on the Kejora Apartments, they have beach villas & apartments, the information says beach front eating at the glass house, are the apartments overlooking the beach or close to the beach? the information on a thread hasn't really answered if it is or isn't, on Booking.com the apartments are new, looks very good & under our budget with breakfast but no reviews, what do you think of this location?

Mr W usually does all the TA research for our holidays, I am the one with the extra free time ATM sorry about so many questions, thank you for all the suggestions , I hope you can help with some more answers.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

Yes, the Hyatt is closed for up to 2 years for renos.

From what I understand the Kejora Suites are roadside not beach side, as the villas are between them and the beach, but I may be wrong.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

Yes you are spot on. The club rooms at Puri perfectly fit the bill. Their mezzanine restaurant is just lovely too. If you walk along the beach path the Puri stands out as the best. We walked through Segara and griya and they are not in the same category. The besakih is definitely not up there. We stayed in June and looked at other hotels but were very happy with the Puri. There are lots of restaurants on the beachfront to either side. Also lots of restaurants on the road outside. If you catch a metered cab to Hardys it is less than $2.

We loved the separate pool for club wing. It was very relaxing. We booked direct with the hotel and ity was $180us a night including breakfast. We also got a free dinner at mezzanine for booking over 7 nights.

Linda

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,935 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

The bali hyatt would have been my recommendation, but the reno's mean a long closure. There is still the grand hyatt in Nusa Dua.

Look at the photos for the hotels on your short list. You can see the beach frontages and room quality. Either of the griya's and the segara suit your needs, you will have a great holiday at either.

Sanur is easy to get around so no matter which 'end' you stay taxis or a bemo are cheap.

ps I see you are from little mountain, I assume sunshine coast? if so I am just down the road!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
70 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sanur beach front accommodation for couple of lovebirds

Hi Tara, I'm sitting on the beachfront of the Sanur Beach Hotel as I write and I think LindaEvB is spot on. I've done the walk by and the Puri Santrian would be my choice of accommodation in Sanur on my next trip to Bali. The Sanur Beach Hotel is good and the pool is lovely but the Puri looks just fabulous with its beachfront lounges for 2 and gardens and pool look exquisite.

Interesting that the Bali Hyatt is closed according to websites and booking sites, but there are a smal number of people staying there and hundreds of empty sun loungers lined up on the beach all empty.

Good luck with your search and while here, go to Tootsies if you're after some shopping, very cheap.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur