We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

34 y/o single female in Sanur

Adelaide
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
34 y/o single female in Sanur

I will be travelling to Bali in January for my 8th trip but this will be my first one solo. I have stayed in Sanur the past few trips as I love the laid back feel but have always travelled with a partner or friends. Looking for suggestions on where to stay (under $100 per night) and where to eat drink - places with a bit of atmosphere etc.... Or would people suggest I try Seminyak/Legian areas this time around?

1. Re: 34 y/o single female in Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 November 2013, 07:35
2. Re: 34 y/o single female in Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 December 2013, 08:05
Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 34 y/o single female in Sanur

I would also suggest you head to Seminyak. I think it is just easier for a single traveller with lots of eating places and shopping places too. The choices in Seminyak is just better. Lots of good boutiques around.

But if you want Sanur check Kembali Lagi Guesthouse. Really great place to stay.

Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 34 y/o single female in Sanur

Oh dear...tomorrow I turn 48...am I over the hill??? Would I have travelled differently 14 years younger???

I LOVE Sanur and will be heading there next week (solo)! Nearly always travel solo (though in August did take hubby!!). In May I also travelled with my 22yo son and Sanur did not enter my travel plans then -- but I love the atmosphere, live music...hey you've been there before so have a bit of an idea??

I stay at Swastika, next to Hardy's -- great value and varied crowd. With hubby we stayed at Puri Santrian (more dollars $$$)...mixed crowd again!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 34 y/o single female in Sanur

honestly, i think you'll be fine in Sanur as a solo traveller... I loved my stays there, it is what you make it, you can see live music somewhere every night, use it as a base to do day trips, and enjoy the beach front. I don't know why others have to put it down, if it's not to your taste, don't go there... I hate kuta, but if someone enjoys that area, good on them... I was in Sanur in October this year, weather perfect, sunrise glorious, poolside lounging excellent, salsa dancing wonderful at one of the restaurants... The variety of food and shopping is great, and so is the ease of getting about... I stayed at the Laghawa Beach hotel, got a good deal, and the room and facilities were fine, great location in the middle of jl danau tamblingan... Enjoy your holiday :)

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
995 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 34 y/o single female in Sanur

Hey Deb, happy birthday tomorrow. I'm also headed to Sanur next week. Didn't realize I was ready to retire either.

I haven't stayed in Kuta/Legian/Seminyak area but I don't go to Bali for nightlife either. Plenty of good bars all over, and good people.

The point about day trips is a good one. It's easy to meet people that way. I also stay in small hotels and guesthouses, with shared areas for breakfast.

Kuta, Bali...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 34 y/o single female in Sanur

Since you already know sanur very well, I would recommend to stay in Sanur.

Kuta/Seminyak is not safe for single woman at night, crime is unfortunately on the rise against woman travelling alone.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
477 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 34 y/o single female in Sanur

Sanur is fine , hire a bike and go at your own pace.

Try Casablanca + Linga Longa bars , theres some great little hotels there where you can lay back + read a book , I stayed at Puri Sading in August + it was great !

Adelaide
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 34 y/o single female in Sanur

Thank you all for your input - I'm still torn though!!!

Appreciate the advice on different places to stay and eat/drink etc :)

Prague
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 34 y/o single female in Sanur

Sanur is quiet by Kuta standards, but you can get into plenty of trouble, even as a 30-40 something. I do several nights a week, admittedly it's an older/predominately male crowd. Taxi to Kuta/Seminyak is pretty easy if you want to have a big night.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations