We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

hi there,

we are trying to decide on these hotels- Griya our first choice - we like the look and location the best but it comes in the most expensive for the week - $800 more. Segara is a lot cheaper if we all stay in bungalow room - pools look good and room for our 2 kids to run - but is it too far out of the way ?

Then we thought about the besakih - cheaper still - looks old Balinese style - pools look good and theres probably lots of other families there- and it in the same location as the Griya for half the price- but is it ok or is it really old and dirty in rooms?We will be coming from Komaneka Bisma in Ubud - (a big splurge) so are looking to save some pennies - but don't want to be disappointed either.

Any help would be great

Sarah.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

Am staying at the Griya next month as I wanted to try something different.

Have stayed at the Besakih and have to say we really loved it. We had the one bedroom bungalows which were excellent. The location is also great. It is a couple of years since we were there, but I don't think that paying the extra $800 would be worth it.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

My choice would be segara village, although it's been a couple of years since I stayed there last. I think the family bungalow rooms are recently refurbished so they should be nice.

As for location, if you walk along the beach to get to the Griya, it will take you all of 5 minutes and along the way are lots of restaurants and markets so it's not very far out of the way at all

Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

We're at the Besakih right now and it is great. Clean rooms etc etc. Have stayed at Sanur Beach Hotel, Mercure, Tadjung Sari & Gazebo hotels in the past and am very happy with the Besakih. Great location & beach area is better than some of the other parts. We'll definitely be back!

Hope this helps!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

Ok thanks - glad besakih is a good cheap option. Just looked at the Mercure- which do you prefer over those 2?

Its about location we want to be able to walk to Hardys and the main strip. Is the segara village past the markets up the end of the main st and around the corner? We have never been up that far before - so need to know if its still got lots of cafes etc.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

Segara is only minutes from Besakih and Griya Santrian, no matter which one you stay at you will be strolling past the same restaurants.

Besakih is an older more 'budget' style hotel compared to the Griya and Segara. Rooms are older but they are clean, not as modern as the other 2 hotels but there is nothing wrong with it as such. If you want to save money then stay here. You can walk to Hardys from any of your choices or catch a taxi or bemo if it is too hot.

Now you are thinking of Mercure, you will need to get their free shuttle to Hardy's should you decide to stay there. Usually rooms at the Mercure are more expensive if you want to include breakfast where as breakfast is included at the others. Many people who stay at Mercure go elsewhere for breakfast to save on costs.

I think you will be happy with Besakih as long as you are not expecting any type of luxury room, the pool is also nice here. Another option close by is Respati.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,555 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

In my view Besakih is in a better location than Mercure.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

It is over 1 k from Segara to Besakih but nice walk along beachfront. Will take about 10 mins.

For me, I think the Besakih is in the better location.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

It is only 500mtfrom Segara to Besakih to it is not 1km. I walk along there all the time and also have a map to scale. There are many good restaurants between the two hotels that you would walk to regardless of which hotel you choose from.

9. Re: segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 09:35
Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: segara village vs griya santrian and besakih

google maps measure to the hotel entrance on jl tamblingan, periplus is to scale and measures along the beach front not cutting back through to Tamblingan, not that it matters but it is not 1km.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur