We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Topic
Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

Hi, celebrating husbands birthday whilst staying kejora villas. Any suggestions on something nice to arrange ahead of time? In terms of food - we like international food options....

Thinking maybe should arrange pick up to rock bar? But that might be too far to travel for sunset timing? To eat somewhere beautiful would be nice - on beach or cliff ? Not too fine dining - but good food and atmosphere - very clean is a must for us! Things to do? Thinking tanah lot - is it really worth it though? And again is it too far? Anything in sanur??????

We are in our 40's.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

My wife took me to El Kabron at Bingin for sunset dinner and drinks for my birthday. It was amazing such a beautiful sunset, it took an hour to drive there from Sanur. For the four of us it cost $160 including a bottle wine, drinks for kids, dessert and about ten plates of tapas.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

The Beach House at Echo Beach is a great place for sunset and dinner overlooking the ocean.

It is on the way to Tanah Lot so you could go to the temple and then head back to the beach.

Perth
Level Contributor
484 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

Hi Pomeranian6, the best meal I have had in Sanur was at Village. It is attached to Griya Santrian on the main road. We ate with a large group of people, some of whom smoked, so we sat at the outside tables. The food is mainly Italian but I had the best piece of sword fish I have ever eaten. I have found on the whole, not always, that the Balinese tend to overcook their fish but my fish was perfect at this resto. Have a look at the volcano pizza, omg.

I had to use the loo and needed to walk through the inside of the restaurant. It is set up like a five star establishment , beautiful table settings and decorations. No special views of the ocean or country side, but don't forget to eat here at least once while you are in Sanur .

Auckland
Level Contributor
197 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

If you don't want to leave Sanur, the Tandjung Sari does a stunning romantic dinner on the beach (provided its not raining, then you are in the gazebo by the pool) $US45 a head, 6 courses, your own private waiter, discuss menu with chef before hand. Fabulous food, the chef was from Casis a top french restaurant in Jakarta. Oh the price includes a bottle of wine!!! Treat him to Jamu Spa near the Tandjung Sari very good quality massage/ scrub etc can get a 2 1/2 hour session together

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

Hi, thanks for recs. restaurants sound good in sanur. Thanks. I am hoping for some special type location for dinner on his birthday - cliff top or somewhere unique!!!

Good food too....

Spanish food not really our thing.

Been to rock bar - not keen on going back.

Wanting int food options.....good fish, beef, chicken etc....

Somewhere memorable - a nice place.....??

Kent
Level Contributor
640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

Bridges in Ubud. Took my wife there for her birthday. Stunning views, excellent food and service. You will not be disappointed. I suggest pre booking as gets very busy. They have there own website so have a look for yourself. We also pre ordered the lock and key in which your names and date are inscribed on the lock, you then padlock the locket outside the restaurant and throw the key down over the bridge down to the river. Very romantic :)

Kent
Level Contributor
640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

Bridges in Ubud. Took my wife there for her birthday. Stunning views, excellent food and service. You will not be disappointed. I suggest pre booking as gets very busy. They have there own website so have a look for yourself. We also pre ordered the lock and key in which your names and date are inscribed on the lock, you then padlock the locket outside the restaurant and throw the key down over the bridge down to the river. Very romantic :)

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

In Sanur I head nowhere but CharMing restaurant on Jalan Danau Tamblingan. My boyfriend (Swiss) took me there on Valentine's Day and it was very romantic. It's a fine dining (international food) with exotic interior and romantic set up. Plus there is an Indonesian band called "DSAK" that plays all kinds of romantic music. They play alot of Indonesian songs and indonesian regional songs. Some songs i havent heard for ages. I highly recommend this for a romantic candle lite dinner. They also have free pick up and drop off only for Sanur area. Go for it and I bet you will remember the moment for rest of your life :)

PS: just ensure that the band is playing that night. It won't be the same experience without them. And ask for seating somewhere in the centre area of the restaurant.

Edited: 03 May 2014, 06:04
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,741 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

Not in Sanur but .... The Holiday Inn Baruna has a private rooftop area that you can hire, along with chef and service attendants. It is not that expensive either from memory.

I was lucky enough to have my last birthday in Sanur and a TA friend arranged a surprise party at a friends Villa, with pig on a spit, musicians and beer... good luck finding your own friend that is as kind as mine!!

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Husbands birthday while in sanur ?

Thanks. Will look up bridges.....is that far from sanur to travel though ???? Also just thought of a cruise during day to an island..does anyone know whet is available and would this be good.....

I found unique restaurant at jimbaran rooftop bar and rest....anyone know if good? And one on cliff above ocean at a resort called del Mia or something like that????

Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations