We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Bali with baby!

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
10 posts
Save Topic
First time to Bali with baby!

Hi,

We are travelling to Sanur in Bali for the first time next month, staying at the Novotel. We have a 5 month old baby and a 6 year old girl.

We would appreciate any advice on places to see/things to do with kids. We like to get out and about and experience the culture of a place. Any recommendations on day trips and a safe driver?

Also any nice restaurants / spas which are reasonably priced?

Any tips for travelling with kids or to make their stay more enjoyable would be welcome!

Thanks

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Bali with baby!

We are in sanur currently and spent the day with a chap called dean from drivers with distinction, Bali. It is his company I believe, and he was fabulous! Within minutes of meeting he felt like an old friend, drove extremely safely and has kids himself - think their website is well worth a look

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Bali with baby!

Hi Mandy, welcome to the Bali forum.

If you go back to the Bali forum page on this site (you have posted this to the Sanur Forum) and have a look on the right hand side of the page you will see a section called Top Questions about Bali. In this section there is a very good post written by one of our Destination Experts on travelling with babies and children to Bali. Heaps of other great articles in this section for first timers as well.

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Bali with baby!

Hi, I can also recommend Dean. He is the driver we always choose, in fact he's driving my sister and I around on Monday! Having said that, he is very popular so it's best to contact him asap as he will probably already be booked.

Drivers will also help you plan a day trip, so once you have organised one, then let them know what you are hoping to get out of the day and they will adjust accordingly.

In Sanur I loved CharMing and Three Monkeys. Both very yummy meals. CharMing is a little more expensive than Three Monkeys, but still reasonably priced.

You say you are staying at Sanur at Novotel... is this a new hotel? I wasn't aware that Sanur had a Novotel!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,830 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Bali with baby!

Just a question with your accommodation. you say you are staying at the novotel in Sanur. Do you mean Mercure in Sanur???? Novotel is in tanjung genoa and nusa dua.

Read through the article I have written on the bali forum home page under top questions (which Whinnie has already mentioned). Also read what to do in bali as well.

Dean who has been mentioned is a great choice of driver, he has a team of drivers and all are worth using. They have car seats which myself and others have donated to him. Dean will help you organise some day trips that will be suitable for you and your children.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Bali with baby!

Hi Mandy,

Yes give the Hints for traveling to Bali with babies / toddlers and young children a read, really great info in there. If you are staying in Sanur, you have picked really great area in Bali for your holiday. Beautiful calm beaches, kids can play in the sand while you eat. Lots of reasonably priced restaurants in walking distance and overall just a really lovely area. Have fun, taking kids to Bali is a great experience for all....I have loved watching my kids experiencing and discovering a culture different from the western world. Everyone loves kids in Bali, really great way to start conversations too. I bring the mosquito wipes you can get from chemist warehouse, really gentle on babies skin and great for everyone to use. You can also bring their favourite teddy or doll, it's come in handy when unfortunate events happen. Infant sunscreen, and swimming nappies. Sunsuits are great, I find they are more expensive in Bali..... but I could be shopping in the wrong place. Just make sure they drink lots, if you are b'feeding your bubs that's great as Bali heat does knock them round a bit until they get used to it. Enjoy!!!!!

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Bali with baby!

If you're after a water theme park, we went to one called New Kuta Green Park. It is about a 50 minute drive from Legian area. It caters for the young more than the teenagers, but there is hardly anyone there if you go during the week. So queues at all.

There is one closer called Circus Water Park and going by the website it caters for the young. The price is a lot cheaper than Waterbom Park.

I remember googling activities for children bali a few years back and it gave information on indoor playgrounds with the soft ball and padded equipment type.

Not sure if you're interested in hiring a nanny? What you do is take the nanny with you when you go shopping, it's like having extra hands to occupy the children so you can look more.

Hope this helps.

10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Bali with baby!

Thank you. I will have a look

10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Bali with baby!

Thank you. I will have a look.

Sorry guys I got mixed up. We are intending on staying at the Novotel in Benoa not Sanur. For some reason I thought it was in Sanur. We haven't actually booked the hotel part yet.

Any recommendations for a nice hotel in Sanur with a kids club and near local shops, restaurants etc as we might look there instead?

Is Sanur or Benoa nicer?

Thanks everyone, appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Bali with baby!

Persoanally I prefer Sanur over Tanjung Benoa for kids.

You could try the Mercure, it's in south Sanur, has a kids club and has a free shuttle bus to Hardy's in mid Sanur. There are heaps of shops and restaurants in easy walking distance and a little further south there is an area where the locals hang out, with small food stalls and volleyball etc.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,830 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Bali with baby!

Yes Sanur is better than tanjung in my opinion. I thought you may have been confused when I read your post.

Not many places in Sanur with kids club, mercure being beach front plus having a kids club would be an option for you. Paradise plaza suites has a kids club but location is not good so choose somewhere on the beach if possible or a few minutes walk to the beach.

Sanur will have everything you want.

As for the recommendation for circus watermark above, stay away from that place, pay the extra and go to waterbom if you intend to visit a water park. I went there to check it out one trip and it was far from safe, not at all a place we would return to or recommend. Even the young kids section was hopeless, dangerous and not good at all. My older kids (teenagers at the time) were told by staff to avoid most of the slides as they were not safe enough and they could come off them. The lazy river did not move you were stuck in the one place, the kids slide had such a huge gap between the end and the water and hitting your head was almost a guarantee. Even the toilets had no toilet paper.

here is my review and feedback from management.

-----------------

“Not safe, do yourself a favour and go to Waterbom Park.”

1 of 5 starsReviewed 24 January 2012

I went there in January 2012 and honestly won't be returning. Our group of 5 people ranging from 7yrs to adult all agreed that it was not worth going to and they all felt unsafe on the slides. We had just been to waterbom two days ago (go there every trip) and this water park was no where near the standard of waterbom.

Here is what we noticed today:

Most slides were not very safe. They would only allow 2 people per ride (not a single rider) on some rides as they said 'one rider was not safe as they were too light and could end up over the side of the slide'. After one turn and watching the entire structure shake and move my teenagers would not go on again. You could see part of the tubes up over the edge, very scary and dangerous. They then tried another couple of rides. Once again one turn each and then no more.

The lazy river was exactly that, 'lazy', we did not move anywhere, the tubes were of no use and we abandoned them and hopped out.

We went to the kids slides / pool. One slide was too fast and after a large bump on my daughters head she wouldn't use that anymore. The other kids slides were better however you land in such shallow water that many people were bumping their legs, bottoms/ heads etc at the end of the slide and on the bottom of the pool.

The large bucket that fills and spills onto people in the pool was so slow to fill it took 25 minutes to tip. At waterbom park this is every five minutes or so.

We were the only tourists there, the rest were locals and even then hardly anyone. Lockers are 15,000, 'gazebo's' are 60,000rp for up to 3 hours or 25,000rp for one hour. Towels are 15,000rp. There is no toilet paper in the rest rooms. There is a few places to buy food but given the slow turn over we didn't fancy eating there.

Basically there is no shade, unlike Waterbom park, you are in the sun the entire time unless you have a gazebo. There are a few little tikes swings etc in a playground but these are only suitable for kids up to around the age of 6 or so. The playground looks rather unfinished and the grass and gardens need attention.

Overall I feel that there is a complete lack of safety standards in place here and that this venture which has been open the past 8 months is likely to close in the near future. The entire car park is empty except for the spinifex.

Not a safe place at all.

Visited January 2012

Less

See all 8 reviews by Snookystraveltips for Kuta

Ask Snookystraveltips about Circus Waterpark Bali

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

sere n, Manager at Circus Waterpark Bali, responded to this review, 10 June 2012

Dear Snookystraveltips,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your detailed feedback. We apologize for the issues you encountered during your last visit.

We try to ensure that all of our guests have a memorable time and that is not always the case, but without feedback such as yours, we would never know the areas where improvement is needed.

Now on we do lot of improvements with our facilities and ensure safety is our priority.

We hope you will give us the privilege of serving your family again.

Kindest regards.

Report response as inappropriate

This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC

Get answers to your questions about Sanur