We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is mezzanine rest worth it?

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Topic
Is mezzanine rest worth it?

Hi have you been Nd is it worth the pricing? Is it a nice spot to sit - ambience? Does it have sushi? Any views?

Also thinking of eating at: three monkeys, village, art cafe, Mona Lisa and a Japanese one called gazebo I think (u can sit in booths??) and glass house.

We like choose of Western food on menu as well as other choices.

What do you think????

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
618 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is mezzanine rest worth it?

Sorry never heard of a Japanese restaurant called the Gazebo, there is a Hotel/Resort called the Gazebo maybe it has something to do with them. The Pergola restaurant did turn more Japanese a couple of years ago and did have traditional Japanese booth type areas. In my opinion the best restaurant you have mentioned above is Mona Lisa's. Not saying there aren't others in Sanur area that aren't good. We sometimes find it difficult to decide which one to eat at depends on what you want/feel like on the day.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is mezzanine rest worth it?

I are at mezzanine few dad ago and the food was lovely -not amazing but definately worth the money! The staff were (as always here) polite and welcoming, we sat outside next to the road which was very quiet and lit by lanterns, halfway through dessert it poured with rain and we were gently whisked inside to a fresh table with no fuss - we will def be eating there again before we leave - 3 course meal for 2 with drinks onc alcohol was just over 700,000idr

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,545 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is mezzanine rest worth it?

Have always enjoyed the Mezzanine restaurant...and yes to sushi when we were there last and yes, it's a great spot on the verandah to watch the world go by.

Also enjoyed Art Café and the lovely chocolate molten cake for dessert.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is mezzanine rest worth it?

Mezzanine is a lovely restaurant.service food,and atmosphere is lovely.

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is mezzanine rest worth it?

We ate there in March, and it was top notch. Also found a very good place a couple of blocks from there, called the Blue Sky. Very professional cooking, and not overly expensive, by western standards anyway.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is mezzanine rest worth it?

Ok I have never eaten at Mezzanine so I can't say if it is worth it or not, but I think you can get great food in Sanur for much less.

Just had a beautiful soup for lunch at Little Bird Warung for IDR25 000. Hubby and I had a good meal there a couple of nights ago too for approx 200 000 including a main each, 2 beers and 2 cocktails).

Dinner at Art Cafe last night was good too (IDR 78000 for my duck - around 50K for chicken dishes).

Have tried Mona Lisa in the past and it was good - may well head there tonight.

Perth
Level Contributor
570 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is mezzanine rest worth it?

I really enjoyed Three Monkeys when I visited a few weeks ago. Staff were charming and the food was excellent. The rendang was great and the peanut crusted prawns with green mango was delicious!

8. Re: Is mezzanine rest worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations