We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent advice!!!

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Urgent advice!!!

Hi everyone

We are leaving Sydney for Sanur mid June. Cut a very long story short we found out that where we are staying (Segara Village Resort) is going through renovations.

I am very upset with our travel agent not telling us this so they are going to find us equivalent accommodation.

My question is what accommodation would you recommend for a family? We require a family room as my husband and I don't want to share with the kids. Or is the Segara that nice we should just deal with the renos??

Thanks!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent advice!!!

Try Griya Santrian its on the beach as well. Very nice.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent advice!!!

I would suggest you e mail the hotel and ask if the reno's are finished. These reno's were scheduled to start last Dec and due for completion Jul 14. The hotel states that all facilities are operating as normal. Reno's are to a number of rooms.

The hotel can advise you of the progress of the work and wether or not your room type is affected. Often with reno's the larger hotels will section off an area and business resumes as normal. However you would want to ask not only about progress, position of your room type but wether there is any noise that would affect your stay.

E mail is here at their link

segaravillage.com/segara-village-hotel/

If you want to move and given you have booked via a travel agent they will / can only offer you what they can access. This would give you a choice of places like Griya Santrian, Puri Santrian, Mercure, Sanur beach hotel amongst others. Consider one of the above and see what you think.

The segara is a very nice place to stay.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent advice!!!

Hi Snooky, I was hoping you would reply- thank you!

The travel agent is getting back to me with other resorts but the Segara does tick all the boxes.

As recommended I will email them with the questions you suggested. I hope they don't take long to get back as I need to make a decision soon.

Prepares

Michelle

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent advice!!!

Will do!! Thanks for replying.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent advice!!!

I have stayed at many hotels during renos and have never had a problem. They only do a few at a time and has never stopped us enjoying the stay.

I would not change the booking.

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent advice!!!

We recently stayed at Segara Village just a couple of weeks ago. We are a family of four and absolutely loved it. Gorgeous gardens, great pools and good location.

The day before we left I received an email from the booking agent we booked through advising us of the renovations. I was a little worried, but shouldn't have been. We didn't even notice the renovations until we went for a walk through the resort and saw an area blocked off. There was no noise at all and it had no impact on our time there. As already suggested maybe just check your room is not close to the area they will be renovating during June.

Hope you enjoy your stay whether you stay at Segara or elsewhere.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent advice!!!

A big thank you Nikki for your message. We have decided to keep our reservation at the Segara. Looking forward to it!

Singapore
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent advice!!!

Segara is very nicely located too - with whole row of places to eat along the beach there such as Luhtu's, Minami, etc lovely breeze ......

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent advice!!!

Thanks Joanna for taking the time to reply. Would you recommend any restaurants in particular?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,404 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Urgent advice!!!

Some great feedback here, and some wonderful advice from Snooky as always.

As mentioned, a hotel can undergo renovations in sections, and this can be done with amazing discretion - especially if the renovations are being done for rooms only. Ive known of numerous renovations/soft and hard refurbs done that weren't announced at all, as it wasn't visible and conducted behind closed doors.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur