We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

Hey all....

I'm wanting to do just a day trip to Ubud from Sanur return.

So...I was wanting to know if anyone has used a private driver recently & how much should I expect it to cost for 4 or so hours there plus travel time. I will be travelling alone.

Also, if I ask the driver just to drop me off in the main area is it easy enough just to explore by foot, walk to Sari Organic that been recommended & just chill for a few hours?

I have never been to Ubud & I have tried searching the forums but had no luck finding up to date info....but that's not to say its not there!!

Thanks for any advise....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
751 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

A trip to Ubud with travel time would be a day driving. A driver will charge US50-$60 a day and you will have their undivided attention and they will park and wait for you anywhere. They will recommend places to see taking into account your interests. Ubud has a lovely market place and many traditional crafts, dancing and beautiful scenery. There is a Cultural park nearby too. This money covers parking fees, petrol car and driver. I can recommend Kadek, balipersonaldriver.com. Your driver will be very flexible and you can change your plans as you travel. Enjoy!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

Thank you USAbound...great help :)

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,453 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

If you come up to Ubud I would plan to make it a full-ish day..you will be in the car at least an hour up and an hour back...and if you do any temples, scenic stops at rivers, rice fields, volcano (Batur) and have a meal and possibly see a dance performance then there is an entire day in there.

I actually don't think a day trip to Ubud is a good idea..IMHO..it gives you the wrong idea of having "been to" Ubud" without seeing any of the characteristics and culture, music etc that Ubud is known for.. Then people come back and report that they have seen Ubud ahd think of Ubud as being just the Monkey Forest and a market..for example.

Nagambie, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

I paid $35 for 4 hours from Sanur, driver waited for me nothing was too much trouble, if you want his details let me know.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

Ok...this morning I chatted to the driver just in front of where I am staying ....and we agreed 300,000 IDR...no real haggling...sounded fair to me. Left at 10.30am...back at 4.30pm. Drive only took 35min each way & driver happy to take me where I wanted to go and I just rang him when I was ready to be picked up.

Yes...I know 1 day would not be enough but this trip is a rushed one so I knew I really only wanted a taster for next time when I can explore & stay longer.

I did ...walk...look...eat...walk...look...eat...ect ect. Had I chance to get a feel for next time....if I went again for a longer time.

Thanks every one

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,453 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

Love2Go: 35 minutes from Sanur to Ubud is very fast..possibly because of the Galungan Holiday there was not much commuter trafffic and everyone was busy at home making Penjor. Sorry you had such a short trip to Ubud.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

Yes, Ubudpuppy....It was a very quick trip...I was surprised. The day before we went to Uluwatu and my friend who lives in Sanur and has done the trip many times could not believe how quick that journey was too...must of been because of the Galungan Holiday.

...and next time I will stay longer than 1 day! :)

southend on Sea
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

We are going in October would you have the contact details of your taxi driver

RegardsJeff

Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

We had a great driver - Suryanto. - for the entire day. I emailed him what I wanted to see and he sent a full day itinerary with suggestions. Very efficient and quick in responding. Very nice gentleman. Contact him at sieger_coy@yahoo.com. http://balisuryatour.com. He was a referral from our cousin and he helped us with other must see sights. Last stop was Ubud for an hour. If you want to spend more time there, let him know.

10. Re: Day trip from Sanur to Ubud return..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 16:06