We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

Could anyone tell us anything about these hotels pro's & con's please.

west sussex
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

I just had an enjoyable stay in puri santrian. I stayed in one of the club rooms. Nice grounds, didn't think much of the club lunch though and found I didn't quite get looked after as much as some of the smaller hotels. Nice beach front and friendly staff. Didn't try the food as I ate at local places most nights.

london
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

We are going to griya in October , we came down to choosing between griya and puri,ended up choosing griya as it seemed to be more central. Also at the time was getting better trip advisor reviews, unfortunately the reviews of the griya are not so good at the moment (must admit not checking puri s reviews, as cant change now!). So just hope we have made right decision. Good luck with your choice.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

We have always stayed at the Griya as it is central & a lovely Resort but they are opening 3 new wings & I think this could affect the experience of staying there. Pools would a lot more crowded, breakfasts are rumoured to be in 2 locations (If its not by the beach , I'm not interested).

Not sure if I would stay there anymore. I would have to talk to someone who has stayed at the same time & after the new wings have opened.

Cheers Mac

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

We stayed at Puri last year. It is lovely. We looked at Griya but it seemed so small and crowded on a small block. When you walk along the beach path Puri looks to be the best by a long way. They have all different sun lounges and mattresses on the beachfront. Breakfast down on the beach is also very nice. As far as location goes there is still lots around. Plenty of restaurants on the beach or the road out the front. It cost about $2 for a taxi to Hardys. We had a club room which was nice. They have their own pool. We thought the main pool was very crowded with sun worshippers but the next pool had lots of shade and was empty.

Linda

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

Have not stayed at the Puri, but for me the location of the Griya is better. Was there some weeks ago and the hotel was great.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

Have stayed at both hotels and we prefer Puri. We were surprised at how much was on offer around the Puri, beach side and on the street and we feel the Puri to be the better of the two hotels.. We will be staying at the Puri again in September

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,755 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

Both are in nice areas. Some people love the area around the Griya and others say the area around Puri is great. I have stayed in both areas and think that both are good. There are ample restaurants, some local shops and cheap spas at both areas.

The Griya has a much smaller beach frontage where as the Puri has a substantial beach frontage. I am staying at a beach front hotel in this area on my next visit.

No matter which one you choose you will enjoy your stay. Sanur is a small place and getting from one end to the other is simple and cheap.

I suggest you go to the reviews section on TA for both hotels and look at the photos. Choose the one that appeals to you the most.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

I stayed at Puri last November for a week. Walked through Griya and was so pleased I'd ended up at Puri. Great restaurants and spas nearby. Would definitely stay again.

Central Coast
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

Hi Mac, where would your recommend if not the Griya?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Griya Santrian or Puri Santrian?

We always stay at the Griya but looked through the Puri last trip & thought that it was great & would certainly consider staying there but have a look at Besakih and La taverna. They are both close to The Griya & have great beach frontage & are close to Restaurants & shops etc

As has been previously said, Sanur is very compact & is very easy to get around so everything is accessible.

Cheers Mac

Get answers to your questions about Sanur