We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Besakih beach resort

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Besakih beach resort

Hi all,

Just want some opinions on staying here. Usually stay Griya Santrian. But prices have gone up and now out of out budget. Can I please get good or bad comments. We are family of four. With 2 kids 19 & 15. TIA.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Besakih beach resort

We have mentioned this hotel a lot on the bali forum so type 'besakih beach resort' in the search box and read other posts. There are also plenty of reviews on trip advisor and the online booking agents websites. I have stayed there, lovely pool, an older hotel with charm. Yes rooms are older but clean and functional, certainly one of the more affordable beach front choices and if you like Griya's location then Besakih will suit you. we had two rooms and both were of the same standard, staff are good, grounds are nice and the restaurant has a lovely location overlooking the beach. Sun loungers are plentiful on the beach and overall it is a good hotel for the price.

Perth
Level Contributor
484 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Besakih beach resort

We also loved Besakih. We stayed in a stand alone bungalow, and they also have bungalows with two rooms together. It is an older establishment, but the pools are great, and the staff a five star. Gorgeous gardens and we also made some lasting friends around the pool. The man who runs the wood carver shop is also a guide/driver and will show you some parts of Bali that you didn't know existed. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.......

geoffrey25Elizabet@o...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Besakih beach resort

stayed their for many years,stay over at peneeda View Hotel -family suites good size & great staff.OR look up Pondok Ayu in Sanur great little hotel but sometimes hard to get a booking.Haggle the price with Peneeda View Hotel;lets know Geoff

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Besakih beach resort

Peneeda is always cheaper with online agents, best to book that way I found rather than haggle. Besakih has the best beach front set up.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,698 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Besakih beach resort

Have read some poor comments about the Besakih but I have stayed there a few times. We were next door at the Griya in May but walked through the Besakih and as mentioned it is an older hotel but i would stay there again.

6. Re: Besakih beach resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanur