We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanur to ubud

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sanur to ubud

We are going next week to sanur & will be travelling to Ubud for the day to go to the Taro elephant park & possibly the quad bike ride.

Does anyone suggest a driver so we can see some more things? Or just take a taxi & find our own way?

Also has anyone done to quad bikes and recommend it?

Thanks a bunch.

Xx

Kent
Level Contributor
637 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanur to ubud

I would just use a taxi from the street. All seem to be very helpful and offer to show you different sites along the way.

Hope this helps

Regards, Grahame

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanur to ubud

If you email wayanbalkom@gmail.com and tell him your plans he will send you an itinerary of ideas/suggestions to do along the way, he has a team of 4 fantastic drivers, used the service last week, couldn't be happier and I think 500,000 rupiah for 10 hrs

As for quad bikes, sorry can't help with that, haven't done it

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
216 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanur to ubud

We had the hotel find us a driver but we agreed on price with him direct. He took us to Ubud, didn't insist on stopping the the shopping outlets where they receive commission, waited in Ubud while we looked around and shopped and took us to a rice field restaurant (where he gets his free meal for bringing us). Then back to Sanur by about 3pm. Price was 450 000. He was great and I'll be using him for airport pickup in two weeks. Just a lucky find but having the hotel choose was a bit of peace of mind cause you have fall back if your not happy.

London
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanur to ubud

Are you aware that your tickets to those activity/adventure packages usually include transport to and from your hotel? You only need a private driver if you want to extra sightseeing on the way there or back. In the past, I've found I'm usually too knackered and sweaty after those sorts of things to go sightseeing on the same day and just want to get back to my hotel for a shower and pool time.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,881 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanur to ubud

Drivers area everywhere on the street in Sanur, you will have no trouble finding one, they will all be offering you 'transport' when you are walking around. Stop and chat to a few, look at their vehicle, talk about their suggestions and what you want / expect to see and do. IF you don't want to stop at the tourist shops then make that clear before hiring, also settle on an agreed price.

Better to use a driver rather than a taxi for a full day trip.

If you want to book a driver before you leave for Bali you can get details of some reliable people from this forum.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanur to ubud

Thank you all so much.

I just got back on Monday & we had found Suryanto at balisuryatour.com

He was excellent, beautiful clean car, speaks very good English, recommended us where to go and what to see. Waited for us wherever we went & also took some pics on my camera for us on the elephants.

Would definitely recommend him to everyone.

7. Re: Sanur to ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Sanur