We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
792 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

Hello,

I'm struggling which of these 2 should I book? We would prefer a more convenient location, possibly walking distance to restaurants and spa; and overall a nicer ambience and clean, comfortable room.

Thank you very much.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
723 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

they are very close to one another. the trade off is that kamuela seems to have nicer rooms and is a smaller boutique hotel. the mercure is beach front but is a larger accor chain hotel. a good problem to have imho.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

I would chose Kamuela over Mercure as Kamuela has a fantastic spa and restaurant on site with reasonable prices and the resort has a nicer feel to it than Mercure. That being said the Mercure is nice too :-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

Kamuela is right in the middle of a lot of restaurants and spas whereas Mercure you do have to walk a short distance to get any real choice.

Kamuela doesn't have direct beach access, Mercure does.

Mercure have a free shuttle bus to Hardy's, Kamuela doesn't but taxis/bemos are cheap.

If it were me, it would be Kamuela but only because I don't like large hotels in Bali. But I have stayed at the Mercure a few times years ago and loved it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
194 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

Whinnie, we have been informed by Kamuela that we have complimentary shuttle service within Sanur.

We booked direct with them so it may be part of a package as I've also seen others comment on it in their reviews.

youngatheart we can give you more info on Friday when we arrive at Kamuela. Can't comment on Mecure but I've definately seen their shuttle bus at Hardy's.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
194 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

Found it:

"The Kamuela Sanur Villas Bali is situated within an easy car ride of the town centre and offers traditional accommodation as well as a spa & wellness centre, a free shuttle service and a Jacuzzi. Featuring a coffee bar, the property is a convenient place to stay while in Sanur."

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,915 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

Both are good options. Decide how important it is for you to be beach front, if this is your priority then Mercure should be your choice. For me personally I choose beach front when ever possible.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
517 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

We stayed at Kamuela in April. Lovely little hotel. Great huge rooms. Food really good too. BUT it was really hot around the hotel - sounds like an obvious statement I know.....but when you walk down to the beach, there was an amazing beautiful breeze, that blew straight into the beach front hotels. I made the decision then & there that if I ever stayed in Sanur again, it would be on the beach.....but probably up the other end of town. Hope this helps.

8. Re: Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 16:04
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,076 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

Hello Peter, It is advisable, that you remove your post, with your private email address in it. Sometimes you may attract attention, from those you perhaps may not wish to.

Click on the 'report inappropriate content link (bottom right hand corner of your post) and then scroll down to where it indicates, you can remove your own post.

Then start a new thread with your question and without your email contact :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me decide, Kamuela Sanur or Mercure?

thanks contact her directly and removed POST