We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
14 posts
Save Topic
Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

Hi,

I had a look at Prama and fell in love with it for our stay from the 28th September- 4th of October. I called the hotel and it seems that the only room in our price range that is still available is only for 2 people, and I will be travelling with my husband and one year old.

Is there anything similar that I can look at that fits the criteria:

-Under $150 a night

-beachfront

-amazing buffet breakfast (almost the most important factor)

-air conditioned

I am honestly devastated that I can't book the Prama. Booking.com says that it's suitable for 3, but I should listen to the hotel shouldn't I, rather than just booking it and risking it when we arrive ?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

I don't know much about Sanur, so I can be of little help except to say that you are going in the first week of Western Australian School holidays and as Sanur is a very family oriented location, I can understand why most of the good budget hotels will be booked out.

Booking.Com will have the option for three because they will place your one year old in the bed with you. The hotel may have a few issues with this (fire codes etc) and might choose not to do so. The room may also be too small to accommodate a bassinet (again, fire codes), which is why Booking.Com wants to put your child in existing bedding.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

What type of room are booking.com and Prama saying is suitable of 2 adults plus child?

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

Mercure is 100 metres to the south of Prama Sanur Beach Hotel and Puri Santrian is 150 metres north.

Mercure has the best beach front of the three places.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,886 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

There are heaps of rooms left for the Prama for your dates. Forget booking direct. The online agents all have rooms. Either google 'Prama Beach hotel' and click on the agents who have the room for a wider choice or go to this link on Trip Advisor' and enter your dates.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g297700-d545…

I have booked Prama via an online agent, I do nearly all my hotels this way they are cheaper as well. You get instant availability and can pay in advance.

14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

This is my dilemma with it: booking.com says that the superior deluxe room (the most basic of all of them) says that having a baby in the room is fine, but I looked on the Prama website and called and both times found that they will only allow 2 people in the room. Can I just book through booking.com and print out where it says a baby is fine in the room? Would they have issues with that?

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,886 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

book that way, take a copy of the page that clearly states about one child free under 2yrs.

14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

Thank you!!! I'll do that and book ASAP. It sounds too amazing to miss out on.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

The way I see it is that it does state on Prama website that no cribs or rollaway bed are allowed in the superior rooms. The other rooms are OK for cribs and rollaways.

It also states that one child under 2 years is allowed free in the bedding provided. You might have a problem if you just rock up for a superior room when they will not provide a crib in that room.

If I were in that situation I would go for peace of mind and book somewhere else.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,886 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

Booking.com states

for the room you are looking at booking

-----------------------

"All children are welcome.

Free! All children under 9 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.

Free! One child under 2 years stays free of charge in a child's cot/crib.

There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.

The maximum number of children's cots/cribs in a room is 1".

With a child allowed free you are covered as it is part of the booking terms and conditions. You can always take a blow up mattress if you don't want the child sleeping in your bed or in this case using the free "crib" they provide. I have found some Bali "cribs" or cots not the best.

We have booked numerous rooms for a child where the terms clearly state

"one child free under.... years" etc

We have used a small blow up mattresses we have and then use a lightweight really small sleeping bag that we also use on the plane for longer trips when our child was young enough.

---------------

14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Prama is booked out :'( anything similar?

Thank you again Snooky, you have honestly made my holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur