We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KAJANE Ubud - booking in advance? +special rates

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
1 post
Save Topic
KAJANE Ubud - booking in advance? +special rates

Hiya,

I'll planning to spend 3 nights in Ubud near the end of June with my girlfriend and was hoping to stay at the KAJANE Ubud which sounds awesome. They have offered the the rates shown below for 3 nights and i was just wondering if (a) it was a good deal and (b) whether it is even worth booking in advance at all. I've travelled a fair bit around asia and am not normally one to book ahead- but perhaps it is worth it in this case!

Beji : USD 540 nett/3 nights

Toya : USD 525 nett/3 nights

(includes: tax + service, transfers, breakfast, etc)

The Bali Spirit which also has great reviews also has their best villa available for 80 usd ++. KAJANE Ubud seems to be worth the extra money though....

Any thoughts?!

Tom

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KAJANE Ubud - booking in advance? +special rates

If you want to stay at Kajane, I think you will need to book ahead as it seems to be very popular (and rightly so!). They offered me similar rates and I've already reserved for our trip although it's still not for quite awhile.

Broomfield, Colorado
Level Contributor
152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KAJANE Ubud - booking in advance? +special rates

Beji for sure!!! We were here last June - unbelievable place and right in town but you would never know it once you go down their pathway. Let me know if you have any questions...

PS - we stayed in the Beji Kila villa - ask for that one - at the end and very private....

Cheers, Nikki

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KAJANE Ubud - booking in advance? +special rates

Thanks, Nikki. I just double-checked and that's the one we've reserved. Sounds wonderful!

Ellen

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KAJANE Ubud - booking in advance? +special rates

I am in Ubud at the Kajane now. We booked a Beji villa and it wonderful! The staff are extremely pleasant I don't think you will be dissappointed that you booked in advance. Our first room was the very last Beji on the property and it was quite a hike to get there, many many stairs. We have since moved a little closer to the lobby so that we didn't have to climb so many stairs. Hope you have a great time.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KAJANE Ubud - booking in advance? +special rates

We were quoted same rates for Beji. Did find them $5 p/n less on some less known travel site but booked directly. Did not like the idea of faxing cc and passport details so did a bank transfer. They wanted 50% but we transferred the full amount online. Had to pay a $20 fee with our Australian bank which is normal. But unfortunatly, their bank in Denpasar also charged them a US$25 fee, so we are expected to make up the short fall when we stay there in a few weeks. Oh well, not to worry as all reports seem to be extremely positive about Kajane.

We are travelling all over Bali and will be going from Kajane to a $7 per night room the next night at Padangbai :)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KAJANE Ubud - booking in advance? +special rates

Hi, jovialtom

Try to contact with the local agency and ask for a quotation, here's his e-mail address: info@rd-tours.com OR baliman@indo.net.id. The company name is RD TOURS, they have good reputation in their business. I think you can get a better price.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KAJANE Ubud - booking in advance? +special rates

Hi Tom

We stayed at Kajane last October in low season and payed not so much.. 120 a night... shhhhh

But I think June is high season so it would be more.

That may seem expensive but its cheap this place is worth way more!!

It's amazing! Amazing service. The pools are amazing > The beds are so comfy... breakfast is brought to your room and you can eat on the terrace.. they also have tea at 4pm.. which if you are not there, they will bring you after you get back. They have free use of their bicycles and there drivers i think are free or a small cost.

I wish i could go back!

Please email me with any questions or for pictures

Karen

8. Re: KAJANE Ubud - booking in advance? +special rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 01:17