We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay in Ubud

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,957 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Places to stay in Ubud

My husband and I are planning a trip to Bali and are in the process of narrowing down lodging choices.

For Ubud, we have found 5 places that sound really great and are trying to put them in order - 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc - before we start making reservation inquiries.

We are mid-30s, travelling just the 2 of us, interested in culture, nature, photography, moderate hiking and biking, relaxation, local food, time at a spa, a little low key nightlife (maybe a low key bar with live music). In a place to stay, we are interested in a low key environment with a pool, beautiful surroundings, nice people, comfortable bed and furnishings, lots of local flavor, spa services onsite definitely a plus but not a requirement - we don't need anything particularly fancy, just comfortable and interesting.

With that in mind, we have found:

Ulun Ubud

Alam Sari

Tegel Sari

Alam Shanti and sister properties

Ananda Cottages

Any experiences with these places? Comments? Suggestions?

pasadena,california
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay in Ubud

My boyfriend and I just returned from Ubud and we were extremely happy with Alam Shanti.

We found this place to be beautiful and relaxing. The rooms are gorgeous. The rates range from $50 to $125/night but I don't think you really can go wrong with any of the rooms (we tried out 3 different rooms and loved each one of them). The staff here are just wonderful too, and the pool is amazing. There is a spa affiliated with the hotel (Alam Wangi) and we had massages there--quite nice! It's such a peaceful setting and you can spend hours listening to nature, watching the rice harvests, and totally relaxing. Getting into the center of Ubud is simple--just take the 15-20min walk through the Monkey Forrest and you're there, or, take the free shuttle that Alam Shanti offers.

Enjoy Ubud!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay in Ubud

We stayed in both Alam Shanti and Alam Jiwa last July and both places really are so lovely, different and beautiful that it's not just staying in a hotel, it's having an experience. The most gorgeous rooms you will ever see, and a real sense of being in Bali, the walk into Ubud is easy and interesting, along a quite street partly lined with little shops, we walked this lots with two kids.

We have never stayed any where like these hotels, I am so glad I chose them when I was like you, and trying to make up my mind.

I'm sure the other places are nice, I have seen a lot of beautiful hotels in Bali but so far nothing compares to Alam Shanti and Jiwa.

Can you tell I am wishing I was there!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay in Ubud

Hi November Moon

I have been researching places to stay in Ubud for over 12 months and have settled on Ladybamboo, this is not a hotel that has been reviewed on Tripadvisor, however its website looks great and we have booked infor 6 days in June, I think its location. price and amenities make it a pretty good option.

England
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay in Ubud

I'd recommend Murni's Villas for a luxurious, off the beaten track place. Owned by the world famous Murni of Murni's Warung fame, the first restaurant in Ubud, and still going strong, the place is decorated with her great taste.

Fabulous infinity pool in lovely gardens. One of the Villas has a Jacuzzi. Set in clasic, stunning landscape. Perfect for relaxing and seeing the real Bali.

Gorgeous web site - www.murnis.com - claimed to be the best Bali resource.

Bud

5. Re: Places to stay in Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 03:17