We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fixed price shopping.

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cooloola
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Fixed price shopping.

Is there any fixed price shopping in Ubud? It is our first trip to bali and we are limited to 10 days, so have decided to spend all of our time based in the Ubud area.I have found postings on fixed price shopping establishments in coastal areas, with advice fixed price shops are a good place to go to get an idea of fair price. If anyone could offer us,Hmmmm! I mean me( most precious partner is not really into the shopping deal for more than an hour or two),some inside info on fixed price Ubud, I would be grateful. Also,how do you tell fixed price shop from any other?

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fixed price shopping.

There are many many fixed price shops in Ubud. I would guess at 50% of them are fixed price.

How to tell?? You just ask the staff.!. They will be honest about it.

If its not fixed price, the answer is "you can bargain" or 'how much you want?' or something like that.

The long road up to Tegalallang has some great shops.

Happy shopping!

cooloola
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fixed price shopping.

Thanks Kabirgirl. I guess what your saying is that there is no way of telling fixed price shop from any other and we shall have to take our chances and ask each time we enter shop. From all that I have read on this forum I think that we shall enjoy our holiday more from the experience of the people, the sights, sounds and tastes on offer rather, than the shopping experience.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,825 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fixed price shopping.

if the shops offer fixed prices then the goods are labelled with a price tag. you won't have to even ask in most shops you will clearly see the tags or signs on the shelf etc. please note that even some 'fixed' price shops will still bargain. if you are not happy with the price just ask them.

if you want fixed price and are heading into kuta, legian seminyak area go to geneva Jl Raya No 100 kerobokan. you could do your shopping here in an hour or two which will suit your partner.

4. Re: Fixed price shopping.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 22:17