We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gubah villas

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
3 posts
Save Topic
gubah villas

Hi,

We have been trawling for accomadation in Ubud and been offered a great deal at the Gubah villa's. We are looking for a quiet private luxury treat, does anyone know how the Gubah will measure up??

would really appreciate any info at all.

Thanks

simon

Dublin
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: gubah villas

Hi Simon,

We stayed there in March last year for 5 days. We paid around 765 USD for everything, including a few excursions with private drivers and guides and all meals + a massage for my wife. I thought it was incredible value. Really, really friendly staff.

Having said all this, this was our first time in Bali and Ubud, so I'm not sure about the standard generally.

There are 6 villas. When we arrived the resort was empty so we have everything to ourselves. It kind of overlooks a real rainforrest althought it's an agricultural areas with rice fields around it. We were pretty blown away.

You probably know there is a German guy who has a Bali page where he recommends this hotel. We also had problems finding info and reviwes on the hotel, but made the decision partly from the German guy's web page at http://www.tropicalisland.de/. Lo and behold, the day we left, he arrived in person! You could shoot him an email if you wish.

You might want to reseach Taman Bebek villas, which is described in the book Tropical Garden Design by Made Wijaja.

What I though was really great is that it's surrounded by fields. There's no real town nearly by farms all along the road leading up to it, completely "real" and not touristy.

It's remote though, around 20 mins drive from Ubud, but you just call reception and one of their driver (they are really nice) takes you down there and picks you up.

A tip: avoid the tacky south Bali beach resorts completely. It's You might as well go to Costa Del Sol. Also, avoid Bali Oberoi, but do consider Oberoi on Lombok which blew us away too (incredible value too).

However, you may not have the priorities as we do from a holiday.

If you want more info, let me know....(didn't mention the rooms, I realize, no TV, but nice bed. The private verandah makes up fo it)

Hope this helps