We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud 1st or Kuta 1st

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Ubud 1st or Kuta 1st

Hie everyone,

Would need some advise here. Going to Bali for my honeymoon this coming september (5days4nites)

Wish to stay 2nites at Kuta and 2nites at Ubud. Kuta first or Ubud first ? as I am not sure to go where first

Have chosen Taman Harum for my 2nites at Ubud and J Boutique for Kuta. Is both hotels ok ?

Need to know the taxi fare to Ubud from the airport? and from Ubud to Kuta?

Advise is very much appreciated.

Tks in advance

Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,783 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubud 1st or Kuta 1st

well I would not want to leave Bali coming from Ubud to airport....so i would go to ubud first.

Also you will probably shop alot more in Kuta so you wouldn't have to lug it around ubud with you.

So ubud first in my opinion :)

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,211 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ubud 1st or Kuta 1st

Purely personal opinion, but same as PLtt, I'd do Ubud first so you don't have that long trek back to the airport.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ubud 1st or Kuta 1st

kuta first as there are shops and it is an urban beach area. so the area is a less tranquil than ubud, beach

then ubud which is more relaxing and tranquil. ricefields.

only an hour to the airport from ubud.

taxi airport to kuta about 60 000 rups. about 150 000 to 200 000 kuta to ubud.

Level Contributor
555 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ubud 1st or Kuta 1st

I always finish off staying in ubud. It is more relaxing so we get the shopping out of the way first in Kuta/Legian and then head up to Ubud. No problems leaving from ubud you just have to allow an extra hour and a half to get to the airport. Drivers galore in Ubud so easy enough to arrange one the day before.

Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ubud 1st or Kuta 1st

I'd also vote for Ubud first....go there and relax after the wedding and then head to Kuta. And I second the lugging the things around and the travelling back to the airport. I tend to head for Ubud first.

What time is your flight from Bali? Maybe that might influence your decision as well?

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ubud 1st or Kuta 1st

my flt from bali is at noon so i think i will go for ubud first then kuta..tks everonone for the comments!

can someone pls tell me how is the accommodation like for purik manik cottage? how is the room condition like compare to Taman Harum ?

tks in advance

7. Re: Ubud 1st or Kuta 1st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2010, 05:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question