We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having problems emailing Ubud

Gwangju
3 posts
Save Topic
Having problems emailing Ubud

I will be in Ubud from July 9 evening to July 27 morning. I have tried to email several guesthouses but have not recieved one reply. Since I am traveling alone and arriving in the evening I would like to have something sorted before I get there.

Here is what I am looking for:

private bath

clean

safe for women (walking to /from in early am or evenings)

close to yoga barn

quietish

under $20 a night.

Do any of you have a place that fits and I can contact online?

I really appreciate the advice you give here.

Thanks,

Jenna

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Having problems emailing Ubud

Hi Jenna

The hotels are not very good at replying to emails even though they advertise an email address.

I also had trouble contacting a hotel in Bali and even phoned one day in frustration which was also a waste of time because I could not understand them with their strong accents.

The best way to communicate with them I have found is by fax as they mostly can read and write English.

Good luck

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Having problems emailing Ubud

Welcome to Indonesia. It is alaways a surprise to me when my emails are promptly replied to here. LOL

Be patient. They do get back eventually.

Ubud, Indonesia
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Having problems emailing Ubud

For that price in July (high season) you'll be looking at a homestay.

Ubud is safe for women anywhere, and close to Yoga Barn for homestays and reasonably quiet could be around Jalan Jembawan/ Sugriwa/Teba Saya. Or the Dana Sari/Kunang Kunang row that goes off opposite Kafe (owned by the same woman as the Yoga Barn.

If you would like me to book you something I can have a go.

PM me or answer me on the thread.

Cheers

Gabe

Edited: 16 June 2010, 13:11
Gwangju
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Having problems emailing Ubud

Thanks Gabe, that would be a big help. Can I bring you anything from Korea, or take you to lunch for your efforts? I will pm specifics,

Jenna

5. Re: Having problems emailing Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2010, 06:16